ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by pogotosh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Wilko wrote:
pogotosh wrote:Hi Guys,

This is my currently timeline

Application Date :11-11-2016
VFS Center: London-Goswell
Date of acknowledgement : 15-11-2016
Original docs Received : TBC
Documents Printing Status : TBC
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI : TBC
Document received At London: TBC
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON: TBC
EMAIL and SMS received: TBC
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED -TBC

As you can see its been nearly two weeks since I submitted my originals and but I still haven't received this back. I have mailed the HCI and have also repeatedly called them (02086295950). But I am always on hold and my calls drops at around 13 minutes. This has happened to me thrice.

Hence, any suggestion on what I can possibly do. Does calling VFS Help? And has anyone else had this issue with the phone call to HCI?
I'm not sure anyone ever answers that phone number at HCI. I've tried 5 times over the past week and always had to same result. No one ever answers and eventually it gets cut

Oh Ok. Did you have any luck with email? I sent them an email on Friday morning. So hoping to hear something back by tomorrow or Wednesday. And did you submit your documents recently as well. Just trying to get a sense of whether there is a delay currently as looking at old postst, it looks like most people got their originals back in a week if not earlier.

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:40 am

itsmylife wrote:
Ramanji wrote:My Date of Acknowledgment is 7th October and still status is under-process. Are there any lucky person who applied in October and got the status changed?
Hello, Mine is same date as yours(Acknowledgement :Oct-7th) and mine is still under process as well.
Got tickets booked to visit India on Dec8th...will wait until Dec 2nd before I consider evisa

Got a reply to my email(sent 4 days back) that the OCI has been granted and would take 2-3 weeks to get it printed and sent to London....I will be better off applying for a e-visa

Ramanji
Newly Registered

Post by Ramanji » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:01 am

Hi itsmylife,
What email did you use? I had sent email to "info.london@hcilondon.in" on 20Th November request a status update, but still no reply.

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:11 am

Ramanji wrote:Hi itsmylife,
What email did you use? I had sent email to "info.london@hcilondon.in" on 20Th November request a status update, but still no reply.

I sent it to the same email id. I did mention that my tickets are booked for 8 Dec.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:43 am

How do I take digital signatures of a minor?

oci_waiting wrote:
Hi
Hope I am posting in the right thread as I couldn't find anything else matching nature of my query
My daughter(5 yrs old, British citizen) holds a Pio card ( valid till 2028), passport expires in 2017.
I was planning to apply oci for her , as per the oci website currently pio to oci is being done free of charges till 30/12/2016.
I am puzzled with the photo specification n her signature. How to upload the correct photo as per the guideline ?
Can I get her pic taken from a both , use my phone to take a pic of the pic n trim it? Unless someone can suggest another way
Also required what are the required documents
Regards
I am puzzled with the photo specification n her signature. How to upload the correct photo as per the guideline ? -- I took a passport photo asking for Indian visa type. Then scanned it , using mspaint you can use resize option to either set them by dimension or by pixel (uncheck maintain aspect ratio) if you are doing by pixel and saveas the format requested.
I guess the ratio is given in the website.

rams2016
Newly Registered

Post by rams2016 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi All,

I would like to know the procedure for applying OCI for new born ( British passport holder).

1. How long is the processing time?
2. Do I need to submit any of the originals that would stop parents/kids travel meanwhile during the OCI processing?
3. Can baby's OCI be collected in UK if she is in India?
4. As OCI's gets processed, can the kid travel to India?

Please help. Thank you All

Yogi_2K
Newly Registered

Post by Yogi_2K » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:41 am

VFS Center: Paddigton
Application Date: 23/09/2016
Date of Acknowledgement: 27/09/2016
Original docs Received: 30/09/2016
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED on 16 Nov 2016
Dispatched from MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI: 17 Nov 2016
Document received At LONDON: 17 Nov 2016
Passport Submitted in Person (VFS Paddigton): 18 Nov 2016
SMS/Email received: 29 Nov 2016
Passport and OCI booklet Received: 30 Nov 2016

Thanks everyone for posting timelines. It helps to reassure and set expectations.

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:22 am

All,

I applied on 5th October and the printing status is now changed to as processed. I see that for a number of people the All three status (printing, dispatched from ND, Received in London) have same dates, but not in my case - the printing date is for yesterday but no dates yet for the other two. Normally I would have given it few more dates but the travel date is looming and just 12 working days away.

Anyone knows how long the dispatched and received date change typically takes.

vkk
Newly Registered

Post by vkk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi ALL,

I have applied for my OCI as below

Date Of Acknowledgement on 28-OCT-2016
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 29-NOV-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI 30-NOV-2016
Document received At BIRMINGHAM ----

Documents has dispatched from Delhi on 30-Nov-2016 but still not received at Birmingham yet

Any person applied from Birmingham? if so can you share information when did you received to Birmingham from delhi?

I booked tickets to travel on 28-Dec so bit worried so bit worried..

Regards,
VKK

vkk
Newly Registered

Post by vkk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi ALL,

I have applied for my OCI as below

Date Of Acknowledgement on 28-OCT-2016
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 29-NOV-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI 30-NOV-2016
Document received At BIRMINGHAM ----

Documents has dispatched from Delhi on 30-Nov-2016 but still not received at Birmingham yet

Any person applied from Birmingham? if so can you share information when did you received to Birmingham from delhi?

I booked tickets to travel on 28-Dec so bit worried so bit worried..

Regards,
VKK

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:22 pm

grechinblue wrote:
itsmylife wrote:
Ramanji wrote:My Date of Acknowledgment is 7th October and still status is under-process. Are there any lucky person who applied in October and got the status changed?
Hello, Mine is same date as yours(Acknowledgement :Oct-7th) and mine is still under process as well.
Got tickets booked to visit India on Dec8th...will wait until Dec 2nd before I consider evisa

My date is the same as well : 7th October.

I did get a reply back on my email query asking me for more details on Thursday morning but since I gave them those they have gone completely silent on me.

I am supposed to fly on 14th December. Should I just be applying for a visa ?
My status just changed...its now at padidngton...as my tickets are booked for 8Dec, I will try to see if i can get the OCI in person than by post...will keep you posted on Monday

kambse
Newly Registered

Post by kambse » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:20 pm

OCI timeline for my application

VFS Center: Bradford
Application Date: 13/10/2016
Date of Acknowledgement: 17/10/2016
Original docs Received: 19/10/2016
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED on 16 Nov 2016
Dispatched from MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI: 17 Nov 2016
Document received At BIRMINGHAM: 21 Nov 2016
Passport Submitted in Person (VFS Bradford): 23 Nov 2016
SMS/Email received: 28 Nov 2016
Passport and OCI booklet Received:29 Nov 2016

Jambe

Post by Jambe » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Hello Everyone
Good evening
I have completed section A/B online now just about to upload documents online but don't know what to submit as I only have couple of documents from the list below.. anyone who recently applied please please help..!

1. Current Passport. ( My UK passport right?)
2. Proof of Indian Origin. ( Surrender Certificate..?)
3. PIO Card
4. Spouse OCI Card
5. Relationship Certificate
6. Marriage Certificate.

Do I have to upload Naturalisation Certificate or Indian passport or anything..??

Any help guiding

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:57 am

VFS Center: London Paddington
Application Date: 23/SEP/2016
Date of Acknowledgement: 27/SEP/2016
Original docs Received: 01/OCT/2016
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED on 17 Nov 2016
Dispatched from MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI: 28 Nov 2016 (Long gap)
Document received At London: 28 Nov 2016 (arrived same day!)
Passport Submitted in Person (VFS Paddington): 29 Nov 2016
SMS/Email received: 02 DEC 2016
Passport and OCI booklet Received:03 DEC 2016

in total, 2 months and 10 days

GB85
Newly Registered

Post by GB85 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:16 pm

GB85 wrote:Application Date :27-10-2016
VFS Center: London-Goswell Road
Date of acknowledgement : 28-10-2016
Original docs Received : In two weeks
Documents Printing Status : UNDER-PROCESS as of 05/12
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI :
Document received At London:
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON:
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED :
I am travelling to India next week - so I have now applied for the e-Visa. What really puzzles me is the inconsistency in timelines for different applicants even from the same application center.

Has anyone else who applied at Goswell Road at the end of October received their OCI?

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:03 am

GB85 wrote:
I am travelling to India next week - so I have now applied for the e-Visa. What really puzzles me is the inconsistency in timelines for different applicants even from the same application center.

Has anyone else who applied at Goswell Road at the end of October received their OCI?
It's not been inconsistent in my opinion, site says approval will be available after 42 days, my status was changed to approved on 41st day and ready in London on 42nd working day. I applied on the 5th Oct, now waiting for the booklet and stamped passport to arrive. It has taken a while but they met the date mentioned so far.

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 am

itsmylife wrote:
grechinblue wrote:
itsmylife wrote:My Date of Acknowledgment is 7th October and still status is under-process. Are there any lucky person who applied in October and got the status

My date is the same as well : 7th October.

I did get a reply back on my email query asking me for more details on Thursday morning but since I gave them those they have gone completely silent on me.

I am supposed to fly on 14th December. Should I just be applying for a visa ?
My status just changed...its now at padidngton...as my tickets are booked for 8Dec, I will try to see if i can get the OCI in person than by post...will keep you posted on Monday

They only commit to a 15 working day timeline for stamp and booklet, I'd get a visa if I were you

amitpatel1185
Newly Registered

Post by amitpatel1185 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:46 am

Dear OCI experts,

I am applying my OCI tomorrow. Could you please suggest what type of envelops do i need to get? I gave A4 size brown envelop (Do not Fold) for my surrender application. Can I use same type of envelop for OCI or I need Silver royal mail ?

Thank you

rbsjp
India

Post by rbsjp » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:45 am

I applied at Goswell Road and the date of Acknowledgement is 17 October 2016. Online the status still shows as UNDER PROCESS. It is more than 42 days. How can we contact them?
RS

GB85
Newly Registered

Post by GB85 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:48 am

NN123 wrote:
GB85 wrote:

It's not been inconsistent in my opinion, site says approval will be available after 42 days, my status was changed to approved on 41st day and ready in London on 42nd working day. I applied on the 5th Oct, now waiting for the booklet and stamped passport to arrive. It has taken a while but they met the date mentioned so far.
Thanks NN123. If we go by the timelines, I should receive an approval by end of the week. Given I will be in India and back in January from next week. Does my being away have any impact? Is there a time-period within which we should get the stamp?

GB85
Newly Registered

Post by GB85 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:49 am

rbsjp wrote:I applied at Goswell Road and the date of Acknowledgement is 17 October 2016. Online the status still shows as UNDER PROCESS. It is more than 42 days. How can we contact them?
rbsjp - I have written to the HCI in London. No idea how can we contact the vfs. :(

purple90
Newly Registered

Post by purple90 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Date Of Acknowledgment 01-NOV-2016
Registration Status at Mission BIRMINGHAM
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS
Objection(s) found with this application: ANY OTHER

Objection Remark: REQUIRE LETTER OF CONSENT FROM THE SPOUSE(702)16

Hi I have received this objection remark on an application submitted in Manchester on 20th October 2016. Does anyone know what does this letter entail? And does this need to be submitted at the VFS office.

Thanks for your help.

Best
P90

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:02 am

rbsjp wrote:I applied at Goswell Road and the date of Acknowledgement is 17 October 2016. Online the status still shows as UNDER PROCESS. It is more than 42 days. How can we contact them?
They don''t make it clear but it is 42 week/working days, expect an update next week.

NN123
Newly Registered

Post by NN123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:06 am

GB85 wrote:
NN123 wrote:

Thanks NN123. If we go by the timelines, I should receive an approval by end of the week. Given I will be in India and back in January from next week. Does my being away have any impact? Is there a time-period within which we should get the stamp?
I don't see any impact, but best you read the OCI pages if they have set timeline to submit the passport.

somjan
Newly Registered

Post by somjan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Any help - OCI via Edinburgh VFS to Indian Consulate Edinburgh.
I applied for OCI via Edinburgh VFS to Indian Consulate Edinburgh. I applied on 07-Nov. Now 1 month passed, the status show - no record found. Also, I have not received my originals back.
I called VFS Edinburgh. On repeated follow-up, they replied with general mail with no information on my case and asked to contact to Indian Consulate Edinburgh by email.
I already wrote two emails to Indian Consulate Edinburgh. No reply. I tried to call the number appeared on the website, but no reply.
Does anybody applied for OCI to Indian Consulate Edinburgh after 07-Nov and got their originals back or show any status?
Can anybody guide me on this?
Thanks,
somjan