ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI acknowledgement problems.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandy123
Newly Registered

OCI acknowledgement problems.

Post by sandy123 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:47 pm

I have applied for OCI on 30th Sept and have not received any acknowledgement. I cannot see any confirmation on the web status finder too. The trouble is, I created an online application which I discarded as it had some errors., and then I filled in another registration application which I used to apply. They have different GBRLI.. numbers. When I use the online link to retrieve my online reg number, it shows the first GBRLI.. number as associated with my passport number ... the second GBRLI is not listed anywhere.. and says it is unacknowledged. Any ideas on this, I have tried calling them up, but I dont seem to get through on both the numbers..

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Its okay, it can take up to 2-3 wks. Do continue to check with your passport number.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:15 pm

I think its not a problem sometimes they are bit slow in ack but you can call or email as belwo , I called them and it was acknowledge in less than hour after i called

Here are the contact details for OCI related things

OCI : 020 7632 3072 /020 7836 8484
att.oci@hcilondon.in

taken from HCI lodnon website

sandy123
Newly Registered

Post by sandy123 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 am

Thank you guys, I have been calling and mailing them., calls are never answered, and mails are responded with standard messages that postal application will take longer. The wait continues..

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:03 pm

No point calling them , it says OCi is not an urgent process and takes up to 4-6 wks.

gg234

Re: OCI acknowledgement problems.

Post by gg234 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:36 pm

Idea

Re: OCI acknowledgement problems.

Post by Idea » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 pm

sandy123 wrote:I have applied for OCI on 30th Sept and have not received any acknowledgement. I cannot see any confirmation on the web status finder too. The trouble is, I created an online application which I discarded as it had some errors., and then I filled in another registration application which I used to apply. They have different GBRLI.. numbers. When I use the online link to retrieve my online reg number, it shows the first GBRLI.. number as associated with my passport number ... the second GBRLI is not listed anywhere.. and says it is unacknowledged. Any ideas on this, I have tried calling them up, but I dont seem to get through on both the numbers..
I applied on sep 09th (edinburgh) and still not ack. last week when i called was informed that they are working on aug 15 applications...

seems edinburgh is quite slow in processing compared london

john2013
Newly Registered

Post by john2013 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:32 pm

I have same problem with OCI applied for OCI on 9th Feb and have not received any acknowledgement. I cannot see any confirmation on the web status finder too. The trouble is, I created an online application which I discarded as it had some errors., and then I filled in another registration application which I used to apply. They have different GBRLI.. numbers. When I use the online link to retrieve my online reg number, it shows the first GBRLI.. number as associated with my passport number ... the second GBRLI is not listed anywhere.. and says it is unacknowledged. Any ideas on this, I have tried calling them up, but I dont seem to get through on both the numbers..

Any Help

Cheers

Gurjit
Newly Registered

Oci postal application

Post by Gurjit » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:40 am

john2013 wrote:I have same problem with OCI applied for OCI on 9th Feb and have not received any acknowledgement. I cannot see any confirmation on the web status finder too. The trouble is, I created an online application which I discarded as it had some errors., and then I filled in another registration application which I used to apply. They have different GBRLI.. numbers. When I use the online link to retrieve my online reg number, it shows the first GBRLI.. number as associated with my passport number ... the second GBRLI is not listed anywhere.. and says it is unacknowledged. Any ideas on this, I have tried calling them up, but I dont seem to get through on both the numbers..

Any Help

Cheers
Hi Johan I'm in same situation as u r in... I applied on 07-feb-13 and it is 28- feb today... It is exactly three weeks now... Only god knows what is happening there... I have tried phone numbers but they don't answer ... Please let me know if you get any information regarding acknowledgement ...
Regards
Gurjit

rowantree
Newly Registered

Re: Oci postal application

Post by rowantree » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:26 am

Gurjit wrote:
john2013 wrote:I have same problem with OCI applied for OCI on 9th Feb and have not received any acknowledgement. I cannot see any confirmation on the web status finder too. The trouble is, I created an online application which I discarded as it had some errors., and then I filled in another registration application which I used to apply. They have different GBRLI.. numbers. When I use the online link to retrieve my online reg number, it shows the first GBRLI.. number as associated with my passport number ... the second GBRLI is not listed anywhere.. and says it is unacknowledged. Any ideas on this, I have tried calling them up, but I dont seem to get through on both the numbers..

Any Help

Cheers
Hi Johan I'm in same situation as u r in... I applied on 07-feb-13 and it is 28- feb today... It is exactly three weeks now... Only god knows what is happening there... I have tried phone numbers but they don't answer ... Please let me know if you get any information regarding acknowledgement ...
Regards
Gurjit
The first OCI registration does not matter, it will just stay on the system un-used. The software developers did not consider the situation where this could happen. I was also in the same situation where my first registration number appears in the search tool but my application with the second registration number is acknowledged by HCI London. If applied by post the application will not be acknowledged for a minimum of 4-5 weeks.