ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should we mention pregnancy as the reason for invitation?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

farazfastian

Should we mention pregnancy as the reason for invitation?

Post by farazfastian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:50 am

Hi everyone,

I applied 4 times for my parents(also in-laws) in last three years and got rejected every time. People have been saying to me don't mention pregnancy as your invitation of reason as it's not a major reason for them and also they think you're brining them for child minding.

To help me and lot others, can we come to the conclusion that mentioning pregnancy is fine or its risky?

Many Thanks,
Faraz

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 am

It's fine to mention this but it won't alleviate the necessity for them to meet the immigration requirements for a visit. Why were they refused four times and have they overcome those hurdles.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 am

So you're saying there's no harm in mentioning this? but what about risk of child minding suspicion?

The reason they were refused every time was due to their personal and financial circumstances as they don't have well maintained bank account and family ties. So i sponsored them fully but still no luck.

Faraz

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 am

If you haven't removed the reason for the previous refusals there is little point applying. Have you ever considered appealing any of these refusals and leaving it for an actual judge to decide if they represent an immigration risk?

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:22 am

With every application we've been providing more evidence to clear their concerns but i don't know what else they need. For e.g: Bank Statement, Tax Return, Property Docs, Utility Bills, Affidavit from husband, National database letter confirming family, Letters from her children schools, Marriage certificate etc

Yes we did apply for appeal after first three refusals and they were allowed entry and they did come to UK for less than a month time but this year we got refusal again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:50 am

Why were they refused?

See also VAT24 - Child minders for relatives.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Event after providing all above supporting documents CW wasn't convinced that she provided any documentation to proof her personal, financial circumstances and family ties. As i said there bank statement wasn't strong and i advised them to not look in to their bank statement for funds it's me who's sponsoring them fully but they still looked in to it.

Excerpt from last refusal:
You have said that your sponsor will pay for you travel costs and as well as maintenance and accommodation. I'm satisfied that they're able to meet this.
However I still have to be satisfied of your own personal and financial circumstances and your intention to leave the UK. You have provided no evidence to demonstrate your personal and financial circumstances. You've stated that your visit will personally cost you £1500 and in support of your application you've submitted your bank statement. however there's not enough funds to support this claim. I'm not satisfied that you will adequately maintain yourself or can meet the cost of return or onward journey.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am

Vinny/Lucapooka ?

Thanks
Faraz