ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

anybody help with court case regarding common assult?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mobarak
Newly Registered

anybody help with court case regarding common assult?

Post by mobarak » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 am

Good morning all,

i am here in souse visa and last month i have had an argument with my wife then her grandfather called the police and state that i pushed his granddughter,then i been arrested of assulting my wife by pushing here but in the same day the free me and since then me and my wife we are happy and fine but i get a letter state that i have to attend a court then i went 2 weeks ago and the judge ask me if i am guilty or no i said no and i explaine to him that i was just an argument for the first and last time its never happend before,but now i have to go to trial againe in 2 month and i want to know is it will effect my spouse visa and also i want to know do i need to hire a solicitor even after my wife had retracted her original statement and made it clear that she didnt want to attend court?and if you can advise what will happen in the day of the trial?and what decision will be taken in my case?and it will affect my next leave to remaine?i realy dont know what to do?

thank you for your help

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 am

If you pushed her you should have pleaded guilty (no matter that it was the first time and unintentional) because that is what actually happened and that would have been the end of the matter. Magistrates have no choice other than to send to the Crown Court any case such as this where the person before them pleads not guilty.

mobarak
Newly Registered

Post by mobarak » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 am

so what do you think will happen to me in the da of the trial?and should i hire a solicitor?even after that my wife dropped her statement and will not attend the court?

thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:10 am

Not an immigration query.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!