ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO tomorrow morning, help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Myb

PEO tomorrow morning, help please

Post by Myb » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi everyone, im applying for my ILR tomorrow morning at the PEO using form SET(M), i have all documents i need because i used the settlement checking service the other week to make sure i have everything i need, this evening i tried to use my card at a garage and it was blocked by the bank, thats the same card i was planning on using tomorrow to pay the application fee, the bank sent me a new card couple weeks ago and i kept using the old one and it was fine so i wrote the details of the old card ( the one that got blocked tonight) on the payment page on the form.

what do you guys think i should do ?

Drama ??? i know ;-)

Thank you for your time

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 pm

I assume you aim to use a debit card. May be use a credit card if you have one. In case the credit limit of the credit card is lower than your fee and you have online/ phone banking available on your debit card, then make the advance payment in your credit card account using the debit card phone/online banking and using the credit card in the PEO.

If you have enough time before PEO appointment, you can use your cheque to get a banker's draft at the bank and use it at the PEO.

tvj

Post by tvj » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:43 pm

As long as you pay with any card you are fine. They actually swipe your card, so no issues with the one written on the form.

Myb

Post by Myb » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Thank you guys for the advice, i dont have a credit card i only have a debit card and i have the appointement at Cardiff which only accepts debit or credit card payments on the day :-(
i just hope they let me use my new debit card instead of the old card that i wrote its details on the payment page
I will try to find a labrary before the appointement to print the payment page and change the details but im not sure i ll have enough time.
An other question please, do i need to keep copies of my teo years visa Biometric card and my life in the UK test because i might need them for my citizenship application ?
Thank you everyone

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:54 pm

They will return you back all original documents. However having copies al all supporting documents will give a relux to CW.

Myb

Post by Myb » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 pm

tvj wrote:As long as you pay with any card you are fine. They actually swipe your card, so no issues with the one written on the form.

Hi guys, just wanted to update u on the outcome about his issue i had, they didnt swipe my card at Cardiff PEO, they use the information on the sheet to take the payment, luckily the officer was nice enough to give me a new sheet and i wrote the new card information

Thank you