ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointment very near to Visa expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madarin
Newly Registered

PEO Appointment very near to Visa expiry

Post by madarin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:51 am

Hi All,

My Tier 1 Visa is expiring on 19th Jan 2013, after lot of efforts I was able to book an appointment for 16th Jan 2013. This is the first time I would be using same day / premium service, my understanding is that the visa would be stamped the same day.Please let me know if that is the case.

Though I am trying to find an earlier date but no luck as of now. Hope I am not taking a high risk if I wait till 16th and not send the application by post.

Please advise. Thanks in anticipation!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 am

There are no visa stamps any more. You will be issued with a biometric card (BRP) which normally arrives a few days later. In most cases, a decision in your case is made on the day (sometimes they need to do extra checks for example if you have been self employed). Even if the decision is not made on the date but a few weeks later, you would be fine as you applied before the expiry of the visa.

The only risk you are taking is that you would be missing some evidence for some reason and won't be able to produce it before your visa runs out but other than that, there is no problem applying close to the expiry date.

madarin
Newly Registered

Post by madarin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks Jambo, much appreciated. I will make sure I carry all the required documents. I have been working for Indian IT companies (switched job this year) throughout and never was self employed so hopefully I should be fine.

Anyways, I am still trying to get an earlier date otherwise will go ahead with 16th as don't want to block my passport for 6 months ( typical processing time if I send via courier!).

Thanks again for your help, big relief indeed.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:07 am

Even for unforeseen circumstances, you have ample time to send it by post.

madarin
Newly Registered

Post by madarin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks Madhumesh, much appreciated.

KayBernsL
Newly Registered

Post by KayBernsL » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 pm

You will be alright mate. Just stop the looking around for other dates. Just make sure you have a checklist you have marked against for your proofs and documents requested including the form.
About timings, i always used to put in my application by post on the last day before Noon. Though I dont recommend it. Its always worked for me.
Regards and
GoodLuck

madarin
Newly Registered

Post by madarin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks Kay! You are correct, I should stop looking for earlier date (have been awake late nights last few days :( !) and just concentrate on getting all the documents.

Thanks guys for your prompt response on this topic. I will go with 16th and surely share my experience in this forum so that it benefits others in the same scenario as me..

Cheers.

Sarva81
Newly Registered

PEO Apointment for Baby under 2 yr old

Post by Sarva81 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi,

My wife is on Tier 1 (general) and myself(husband) and kid(1 yr old) are dependent.
After long struggle, we managed to find PEO appointment for my wife and for myself seperately(we couldnt manage to include kid )

My question is, Can we able to book a seperate PEO Appointment for my kid or should kid always accompanied with Tier 1 Primary holder Application and not seperately.

Pls advise me on this....

With Thanks
Sarva