ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pra_S
Newly Registered

Advice

Post by pra_S » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:49 pm

Hi,

I'm from Sri Lanka, My WP (Job Specified) is ending on January, I tried to get renewed it but my company s not agreeing to apply once again. Is there any chance to apply as an Asylum Seeker, but I have given my finger print and documents for the initial inerview two years before. Please advice me on this... :cry:

John

Post by John » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:33 pm

As regards the WP matter, can you quickly find another employer in the UK who might want to apply for a WP for you?
Is there any chance to apply as an Asylum Seeker
That is a totally separate matter. Is there any particular reason why it would be unsafe for you to return to your country?

How long have you been in the UK?
John

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:14 pm

pra S,

It would be helfpul if you detailed your UK immigration history. You mention biometrics collection and a previous interview - do you have a formal WP under the WP scheme or are you allowed to work by dispensation as your asylum case is being considered? Why does your employer not want to re-employ you?

pra_S
Newly Registered

Post by pra_S » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:44 am

Thank you for your kind help.

If I answer your both of your questions I was here since 2005 January, My visa is expiring at 2007 January. As you all know the country situation is getting worse day by day, I came here because The guerillas and the government forces tried to get me arrest several times.

My company is now having no contracts and their maintenanace projects also ending soon. So they are not intrested any more. With the short time of period its impossible to find a job which satisfies home office to grant me a WP. Regarding the WP i got is a standard one (Job Specified).

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 pm

So what were the biometrics/ fingerprints for? Is this the requirement that commenced at the Colombo post then on to posts in East Africa? Did you get your WP visa in Sri Lanka?

pra_S
Newly Registered

Post by pra_S » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:31 pm

Yes I got my visa in sri lanka, I gave my FIngerPrint in SL too, which is the basic requirement.

Is it possible a WP holder can seek asylum here in UK? :? :?