ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English october rule

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suli

English october rule

Post by suli » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:38 am

Hello,
i thought that the october b1 rule only applied to ilr but i was told today by a consultant that it also applies to spouses applying for entry. Please can a guru shed some light on this?
Also does anyone know if crownwellconsultanants.com in rawalpindi is a legit company. They provide the a1 city and guilds test that my wife is intending to take. Please can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:27 am

The new requirement applies to settlement and naturilisation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

suli

English october rule

Post by suli » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:19 am

D4109125 wrote:The new requirement applies to settlement and naturilisation.
thanks a lot for your swift reply. That means that for now i am okay at a1? I assume settlement means ilr and naturilisation mean british citizenship? Please can you confirm. Thank you very much.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:24 pm

D4109125 wrote:The new requirement applies to settlement and naturilisation.
Guru

Quick question:

Do you know if someone has entered on Tier1 general based on IELTS exam as english language proof and then changed to FLR ( M)

So in this case near the end of BRP card period, need to send in application after october this year --- so now is it required again to sit for another english exam in UK or the IELTS exam done on first entry would remove that condition ..

Also the LIfe is Uk test is already done and passed..

Any comments ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:28 pm

See also, Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (click).

IELTS validity is 2 years. The new B1 requirement applies to set(m) rather than flr(m).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Ok fair enough and agreed that validity is 2 years. They kept the certificate anyway when it was last used and was near expiry.

So now have a read here ..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t-koll.pdf

and the part :

English Language Qualifications
We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has
met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure
that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far
as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 or above will
be required to take another one. So, for example, a person applying for settlement as a Tier 2
(General) migrant who has already demonstrated a knowledge of English equivalent to B1 level in
order to qualify for entry clearance, will not have to take a further test at settlement stage.

Also the category on entry was Tier1 migrant on entry and then was swtiched in country to Spouse Visa after marriage..

So does this still mean that will need to sit for the english exam ?

Your comments please?

D4109125 wrote:See also, Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (click).

IELTS validity is 2 years. The new B1 requirement applies to set(m) rather than flr(m).

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:43 pm

That would indicate that you would meet the B1 requirement for settlement/naturalisation. But you should wait for the guide to be released to be sure, if your degree is awarded 10 points on the PBS calculator that should also indicate meeting the requirement.