ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wibbles
Newly Registered

Fiancee Visa

Post by wibbles » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 am

Hi, I have an Australian girlfriend and we wish to live together in the UK. It appears that the only way we can do this is to get married. We've discussed this and have agreed that we would be happy to marry.

She is going to go home and apply for a fiance visa. What kind of supporting documents are required. Am I correct in thinking you have to prove that she won't need to claim public funds, we have enough money to live on, we have somewhere to live and that we have met.

Would the following be enough documentation from myself and am I missing anything?

A cover letter explaining our relationship, how we met, what we intend for the future etc.

Copies of my passport and birth certificate.

A letter from my employer confirming I'm in full time employment.

Copies of some of my pay slips

Copies of my savings certificates.

Letter from my landlord confirming where I live, size of house etc.

Plane tickets from when she has visited me

Copy of stamp in my passport from when I visited her

Photos of us together.

Will this be sufficient info? Does it matter that we haven't booked a registry office or anything for the wedding yet?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BATS

Post by BATS » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:16 am

My fiance recently got his fiance visa and we included most of the information that you intend to. We did however have a provisional booking letter from the vicar at the church we are getting married at.

Include any ticket stubs from your visits, copies of hotel booking if you staryed in a hotel whilst visiting, any tickets from things you have done together e.g. gigs or trips to theme park etc.

Include lots of photos of you together including ones with each others families if you have them. I also included a letter from my parents supporting the marriage between me and my fiance.

Include about 3-6b months of payslips and bank statements too!

wibbles
Newly Registered

Post by wibbles » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:42 am

OK thank you. I hope not having a booking for the wedding or anything isn't a big problem. I'd really like to find this out.

She's visited here quite a few times and has her tickets, we don't have hotel bookings though. We've loads of photos though, think I've got one of her with my mum too. She's here at the moment too so could take a few more!

A letter from my mum isn't a bad idea.

Cheers for your help, would be good if someone could shed any light on the wedding booking thing.

wibbles
Newly Registered

Post by wibbles » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:40 pm

OK, I've found since that it's apparently a very good idea to have some kind of booking made for the wedding.

Is it possible to provisionally book at the register office without having to give documents and things?

Another question also, on the fiance visa will she have proper access to health care?

Thanks for the help.

BATS

Post by BATS » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:47 pm

We are not getting married til June and my fiance has had no problems registering with a doctors and dentist. They didn't even want to see his visa or anything.

wibbles
Newly Registered

Post by wibbles » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:12 pm

Ah thank you. My girlfriend has been here on vistors visa and went to the doctors and they charged her. I'd been told that the fiance visa gives the same health care as a visitor visa.

busubi

Post by busubi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:25 pm

If it's possible you should marry first then apply for a spouse visa. It will save you some cash having no need for the fiance visa. And she'll be able to find work straight the way too.