ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Onward travel to Canada on Visa Waiver for US

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npursey
Newly Registered

Onward travel to Canada on Visa Waiver for US

Post by npursey » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Hello,

I wanted some advice after not being able to find a great deal on any of the US visa/border control websites and the Canadian forums.

I am UK citizen, with newly granted Canadian permanent residency which is activated when I land in Canada port of entry.

I am booked on a holiday to the US and my plan was (after my holiday) fly up to Seattle (with my sponsors family who booked everything) and drive over the Canadian border to activate my residency.

However, the rules on the US visa waiver state you need to show proof of an onward flight outbound from North America at the US port of entry and if this is to Canada (mexico or Bermuda), then you must be a permanent resident of that country.

Therefore, can anyone offer any advice on if I can enter the US on the VWP and show the border people my confirmation of permanent residency documents for Canada and all my flight/travel information and be let through?

Any advice, or anyone who knows a good contact number I can get advice from would be greatly welcomed!

Many thanks

Neil

TGB87
Newly Registered

Post by TGB87 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:46 am

I do not see why that should be a problem.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm

You have been granted permanent residency of Canada and just haven't activated it yet. I would be surprised if you have any problems.