ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German 1 year work stamp would prevent ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

German 1 year work stamp would prevent ILR?

Post by gulgon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:33 am

Hey

I was on HSMP 1 year and as soon as I got 4 year extention I moved to Germany to work with 1 year work permit. My passport has now 1 year Germany work residence permit stamp.

I am wondering if I would have any problem entering the UK at the airport.

I know one cannot stay more than 3 months outside the UK, otherwise he loses his ILR right.

But even if I come back to the UK before 3 months, you think 1 year German WP in my passport would create problems when I apply for ILR?

If it will create a problem, then I can get a new passport and send the empty passport in time of applying for ILR?

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:23 am

Wow, no one answered this for the last 3 years!! To answer my own question;

I got my ILR this week, this german work visa didn't create any problem!!

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:03 am

Good for you!
I had 2 year German work permit still in my passport when I came to UK, and recently also Singaporean work permit - neither caused any trouble.