ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU-father Sponsoring non-EU son to UK - Please help me.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hdimantha
Newly Registered

EU-father Sponsoring non-EU son to UK - Please help me.

Post by hdimantha » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:48 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and i don't know it's the right forum to post that topic.I chose the general UK immigration one because it's general.If this is not the right one, first of all i'm very sorry and please move it to the right place.

Here is the situation.When my father and i were in Italy,father was naturalized and got Italian citizenship in there. In the time i was there and 17 year old,so i got the Italian citizenship too. when we got it, brother was in SRI LANKA and over 18.So he hadn't a chance of having Italian citizenship.Dad moved to England after got citizenship in Italy, i can move because the rules and there is no problem about it. :) :)

The problem is that dad(EU-Father) wants to sponsor my brother(NON-EU son) to England as dependent.Now he is over 21 years old.

Is there problem to sponsor his son to England as dependent ? If there is explain it.

If there is not any problem of it -

What he can do in there as dependent ? (I mean study,work or only living with him)
What is the process ?
Can he get a visa or something ?
Can he stay there without the sponsored party ?

If there are any disadvantages as well as advantages, please be kind to tell me.

In general, someone as dependent, (thinking without above said situation) what does he can do in there ?

That's all at the time.i'm expecting your precious reply as well as good advice. :) :)

Thank you.
:)

Just Wondering

Re: EU-father Sponsoring non-EU son to UK - Please help me.

Post by Just Wondering » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:50 am

See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ly-permit/ and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Your brother would need to be travelling to the UK to join/live with your father and be dependent on your father (i.e. he needs your father to financially support him). He'll need to demonstrate dependency on your father.

If he's not dependent upon your dad then it's unlikely he'd be eligible for an EEA family permit.

hdimantha
Newly Registered

Post by hdimantha » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:31 am

Just Wondering wrote:See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ly-permit/ and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Your brother would need to be travelling to the UK to join/live with your father and be dependent on your father (i.e. he needs your father to financially support him). He'll need to demonstrate dependency on your father.

If he's not dependent upon your dad then it's unlikely he'd be eligible for an EEA family permit.

what does he can do in there whether dependent upon dad or with an EEA family permit..?
i mean study ,work or only living as i said before..

and what are the limits ?
does he can live in UK without dad...?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:11 pm

what does he can do in there whether dependent upon dad or with an EEA family permit..?

does he can live in UK without dad...?[/quote

- Your brother will be able to move to England because your DAD is moving to the UK for work. If he leave UK your brother need to leave as well . His right to stay in the UK will be dependent on your father. Your father can stay outside UK maximum 6 months in a year

- EEA family permit is valid for 6 months but after he arrive in the UK he can apply for EEA2 residency that's valid for 5 years

-
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

hdimantha
Newly Registered

Post by hdimantha » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 am

askmeplz82 wrote:

does he can live in UK without dad...?[/quote

- Your brother will be able to move to England because your DAD is moving to the UK for work. If he leave UK your brother need to leave as well . His right to stay in the UK will be dependent on your father. Your father can stay outside UK maximum 6 months in a year

- EEA family permit is valid for 6 months but after he arrive in the UK he can apply for EEA2 residency that's valid for 5 years

-
OK...thank for your reply..
is not a problem that he is over 21 years old..(21 and 2 month)
and if it is not a problem, then after he got there, can he apply for any kind of visa..??
or does he can do anything, let's think if he can work and he found one,can he get a visa ???

i mean is there anything can do for brother to stay in UK without dad ??

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:15 am

and if it is not a problem, then after he got there, can he apply for any kind of visa..??
or does he can do anything, let's think if he can work and he found one,can he get a visa ???

Like as i said It doesn't matter how old is he. Your dad is sponsoring him so that mean he ( DAD ) need to stay with him in the UK. If your DAD leave UK your brother need to leave too. You dad can stay outside maximum 6 months but if your brother want to apply for permanent residency after 5 years in the UK then he need to show that your father worked for 5 years in the UK

You father need to exercise treaty right in the UK . If he doesn't that your brother can't stay here. Yes your brother can do anything. he can stay at home even watching TV. It's only your father who have to exercise treaty right .

exercising Treaty rights if you are:

employed or self-employed; or
studying; or
economically self-sufficient (meaning that you have sufficient funds to support you without requiring public funds); or
a jobseeker; or
retired; or
someone who has had to cease working in the UK owing to permanent incapacity.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

hdimantha
Newly Registered

Post by hdimantha » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:30 am

askmeplz82 wrote:

Like as i said It doesn't matter how old is he. Your dad is sponsoring him so that mean he ( DAD ) need to stay with him in the UK. If your DAD leave UK your brother need to leave too. You dad can stay outside maximum 6 months but if your brother want to apply for permanent residency after 5 years in the UK then he need to show that your father worked for 5 years in the UK

You father need to exercise treaty right in the UK . If he doesn't that your brother can't stay here. Yes your brother can do anything. he can stay at home even watching TV. It's only your father who have to exercise treaty right .

exercising Treaty rights if you are:

employed or self-employed; or
studying; or
economically self-sufficient (meaning that you have sufficient funds to support you without requiring public funds); or
a jobseeker; or
retired; or
someone who has had to cease working in the UK owing to permanent incapacity.
OK...now i got everything...
thanks for your support...