ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost evidence folder?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wibbles
Newly Registered

Lost evidence folder?

Post by wibbles » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:11 pm

OK, we may be panicking here but I'm a bit worried. My Australian fiance applied online for her fiance visa and then posted our evidence folder yesterday. She told the post office what was in the package and she wanted the best method of sending it. She sent it with guaranteed delivery in Canberra by noon today but they havent got it and it's now 10pm. We've tried the tracking number on the website and all it says is that it was "picked up from sender" in Perth at 18:00 yesterday. My fiance phoned them up and they said they should have received it today and they will investigate. Hopefully we're just panicking and it'll be running late and they'll get it tomorrow. If not what should we do?

Call Canberra and explain what has happened? What would happen then?

If it has been lost my fiance's original passport will have been lost, with the stamps from when we have met up. Would it take a while to get a replacement and of course the stamps wouldn't be there.

Also, the stuff I sent, amongst it there were originals of pay slips, the wedding booking form, bank statements, birth certificate, my savings certificates. Not sure how easy to get these again.

Ah, it's a nightmare, we were all happy that it has all been done and hopefully we'll be together soon and it may all be messed up by some bloody postal worker. I hope they do get it tomorrow.

Cheers.

Prem

Post by Prem » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:56 pm

Best just to wait until tomorrow mate and then take it from there.

wibbles
Newly Registered

Post by wibbles » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:16 am

Thankfully they got it today!

Seems we were panicking over nothing. Was bloody worried though.

Not good though, meant to be a guaranteed before 12 next day delivery and it takes 2 days to get there. They're giving her a refund.

Sorry to panic.

Prem

Post by Prem » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:25 am

Pefectly natural mate, happens to all of us. Glad it got there in the end, keep us updated on the progress.