ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting an appointment for ILR at PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rohan
Newly Registered

Getting an appointment for ILR at PEO

Post by Rohan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:38 pm

I will be qualified to apply for ILR (4 yrs 11 months on WP-visa stamped on 20 Sep 2002 till 20 Sep 2007) but unable to get an appointment at Glasgow or any of the other three PEO's.
I called on Thursday 09/08 and was told no appointments (for applicants with dependants ) availble until 30th August and to try calling them at 9.00am next morning to get one for 31st. I called sharp at 9.00 am on Friday and again told nothing available (only for the one's with dependants) I tried to call all the other PEOs but same result.

Anyone else with the same expereince?

I prefer to use the premium service rather than postal service.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:19 am

I am in the same boat, have been calling for the last two weeks daily but not able to get an appointment..
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

Rohan
Newly Registered

Post by Rohan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:08 pm

Has anyone been able to get an appointment for ILR (with dependants)
so far?
For the forth day in a row I have been told the same thing. (to call back sharp at 9.00 am)

Is there anyone with any luck?

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:25 pm

I got it, you need to call around 8:59 and you will get it..
All the best..
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:41 pm

It is normally 2 weeks before the date you can make it.

I do often make appointment for the clients, and it is normally 2-3 weeks max I can book it for.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:13 pm

A gentle reminder, to all folks:

-> Announcements -> using this forum to solicit for or promote personal business
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=11812

Use of our board (&/or its PM system) for building your personal client base is not an activity we allow here.

I am not considering this a direct violation, but it has the appearance of being pretty close, so I thought I'd make a public reminder.

Thank you for listening,

the Admin

Rohan
Newly Registered

Post by Rohan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:44 am

We got our ILR last thursday at Glasgow PEO.
The experience was extremely pleasant. Everyone from security to case worker they were all very polite and welcoming. We had our appointments one at 1000 for self and wife and my son had his appointment at 1045. At the first counter the officer who looked at the documents said that both applications can be processed at the same time.
He asked for the application forms and the suppporting docs with the passports. We waited for about 10 Mts and he called our number again.
He said that everything is in order and that we will be granted ILR. He was saying you can throw away your work permits and work anywhere you want and claim benifits if you want and so on. We were asked to go and pay the fee at the cashier and told to wait again until we were called again by a case worker. After about 20 mts our number was called and the case worker asked for docs again. She asked for the original work permit, bank statements and the employer's letter. She photo copied each of them and gave back. She also explained what our entitlements
particularly mentioning the benifits and also about how we can apply for naturalisation etc. She said each passport will take about 30 mts and for us to wait in the lounge until we are called again. At about 1145 our passports were handed over with ILR stamped.

I know I could have saved £400 had I used the postal service. But the experience was well worth with it.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:48 am

Rohan wrote:We got our ILR last thursday at Glasgow PEO.
The experience was extremely pleasant. Everyone from security to case worker they were all very polite and welcoming. We had our appointments one at 1000 for self and wife and my son had his appointment at 1045. At the first counter the officer who looked at the documents said that both applications can be processed at the same time.
He asked for the application forms and the suppporting docs with the passports. We waited for about 10 Mts and he called our number again.
He said that everything is in order and that we will be granted ILR. He was saying you can throw away your work permits and work anywhere you want and claim benifits if you want and so on. We were asked to go and pay the fee at the cashier and told to wait again until we were called again by a case worker. After about 20 mts our number was called and the case worker asked for docs again. She asked for the original work permit, bank statements and the employer's letter. She photo copied each of them and gave back. She also explained what our entitlements
particularly mentioning the benifits and also about how we can apply for naturalisation etc. She said each passport will take about 30 mts and for us to wait in the lounge until we are called again. At about 1145 our passports were handed over with ILR stamped.

I know I could have saved £400 had I used the postal service. But the experience was well worth with it.
Congrats, glad it worked it out. I presume you had a straight forward case. I was about to ask why does everyone so badly want to do it in person but hey I guess you want to get it over with and hate the suspense of the wait via post.

ismangil

Re: Getting an appointment for ILR at PEO

Post by ismangil » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:16 am

Rohan wrote: I prefer to use the premium service rather than postal service.
Why? I used to think so as well, and moaned because HSMP ILR are not able to do in person (apparently this has been proven wrong, so PEO is giving different advice now!).

So I did the postal route, turns out very fast: 20 Aug in, 5 Sep got it back. Saved £200...

So while waiting for the appointment (if you can get it), if you just send it in, you would still have got your ILR at around the same date!
Perry Ismangil

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:23 am

ismangil wrote:
Rohan wrote: I prefer to use the premium service rather than postal service.
Why? I used to think so as well, and moaned because HSMP ILR are not able to do in person (apparently this has been proven wrong, so PEO is giving different advice now!).

So I did the postal route, turns out very fast: 20 Aug in, 5 Sep got it back. Saved £200...

So while waiting for the appointment (if you can get it), if you just send it in, you would still have got your ILR at around the same date!
Nice! Congrats. Yeah I heard that from this board too but I thought that was HSMP renewals not ILR?
What did you submit in your application for proof of econcomic activity?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:26 am

SYH wrote:I was about to ask why does everyone so badly want to do it in person but hey I guess you want to get it over with and hate the suspense of the wait via post.
The suspense of the wait; and also a lot of people don't like consigning important documents to the post or to a courier if they don't absolutely have to, I guess.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 am

Christophe wrote:
SYH wrote:I was about to ask why does everyone so badly want to do it in person but hey I guess you want to get it over with and hate the suspense of the wait via post.
The suspense of the wait; and also a lot of people don't like consigning important documents to the post or to a courier if they don't absolutely have to, I guess.
Thanks Christophe I kind of already said that.
You aren't one of those guys who raises his hands in class just to hear himself talk, are you?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:29 am

SYH wrote:Thanks Christophe I kind of already said that.
You aren't one of those guys who raises his hands in class just to hear himself talk, are you?
:?:

No, never.

:roll:

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 am

SYH wrote: Nice! Congrats. Yeah I heard that from this board too but I thought that was HSMP renewals not ILR?
Errm we shouldn't repeat ourselves :wink: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18380
Perry Ismangil

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:52 am

ismangil wrote:
SYH wrote: Nice! Congrats. Yeah I heard that from this board too but I thought that was HSMP renewals not ILR?
Errm we shouldn't repeat ourselves :wink: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18380
Nice try on the pot shot but if you post in multiple threads, thats what happens

ilr_apply
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_apply » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:50 am

Hi rohan

Just a quick question, we(myself and my wife) are applying ILR next month
does my wife need to be a part of interview for ILR, we do not have any kids(my wife got miscarrige carrige few weeks back).

cheers

trana210
Newly Registered

Post by trana210 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi..

Can any one book appoinmtent at PEO to extend his VISA for Work Permits arrangement bases..?

trana210