ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-apply for UK Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ARESSREE9
Newly Registered

Re-apply for UK Visitor Visa

Post by ARESSREE9 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 am

Hi, My parents have got their first UK short term visit visa in India from 30 April 2105 until 30 Oct 2015.They have entered UK on May 21st and are planning to leave UK on Oct 20th.

My query is when can they re-apply for Visit visa again in India to come back to UK. I want them to come earlier. Is it possible? Is their any cooling period of 6-months to re-apply for Short term Visit Visa?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Re-apply for UK Visitor Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:51 am

There is no 'cooling off period' as such. But they should not be spending more time in the UK than what they spend in India, ie. they should not be 'living' in the UK as then they are not 'genuine visitors'.

The general rules is, they can stay in the UK for max 6 months out of 12.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:34 pm

CR001 wrote:they should not be 'living' in the UK as then they are not 'genuine visitors'.
This would also suggest that they not apply for a visit visa every 6 months. That would seem to the UKV&I as a way to circumvent the immigration system by staying in the UK on a series of visit visas and that could make it much harder to get a visit visa in the future (for instance, for a wedding or a birth of a child, etc).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:40 pm

secret.simon wrote:
CR001 wrote:they should not be 'living' in the UK as then they are not 'genuine visitors'.
This would also suggest that they not apply for a visit visa every 6 months. That would seem to the UKV&I as a way to circumvent the immigration system by staying in the UK on a series of visit visas and that could make it much harder to get a visit visa in the future (for instance, for a wedding or a birth of a child, etc).
Agree secret.simon. The applicants will need to continue to prove their ties in home country, that they are 'genuine visitors' and have a life in home country etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.