ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business activities on a "general vistor" visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TGB87
Newly Registered

Business activities on a "general vistor" visa

Post by TGB87 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:22 pm

I realize that the rules have changed to include a "standard visitor visa" where I would be able to do all activities on one visa. But my visa was issued in 2013. Am I allowed to do business activities or engage in professional sports?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Business activities on a "general vistor" visa

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:25 pm

No.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

TGB87
Newly Registered

Post by TGB87 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:55 pm

TGB87 wrote:I found this: http://travel.stackexchange.com/questio ... 15-onwards

Now I am confused.
I didn't know that, lol!

Business activities ok then, i.e. meetings etc, not productive work. Professional Sport a no-no - there is a visa for that though, I believe.

TGB87
Newly Registered

Post by TGB87 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:01 pm

You are right about professional sports--one would require a different visa. In any case, is I should probably email the embassy before travelling.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:05 pm

TGB87 wrote:You are right about professional sports--one would require a different visa. In any case, is I should probably email the embassy before travelling.
Are you a Businessman/Cage Fighter lol?!!

TGB87
Newly Registered

Post by TGB87 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:08 pm

I found it
People who hold a valid visit visa that was issued prior to 24 April 2015, which is when the changes were introduced, will be able to use this to enter the UK provided they are still a genuine visitor. They will be able to use this visa to carry out the additional permitted activities.

For example, a person with a general visit visa will be able to use this to enter the UK to attend business meetings, undertake short-term study and carry out incidental volunteering. People who hold a valid student visit visa that was issued prior to 24 April 2015 will still be able to use this to enter under the new short-term student route until that visa expires.
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... categories

Looks like I will be holidaying, making a few business deals, attending a few conferences and maybe donate an organ or two.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:30 pm

TGB87 wrote:...maybe donate an organ or two
If you are on a multi-year visitor visa, it may already have cost you an arm and a leg.

And you may have paid through the nose. :D
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.