ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

igs problem (International Graduate Scheme)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kwlbi
Newly Registered

igs problem (International Graduate Scheme)

Post by kwlbi » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:22 pm

Hi I have been coming to this forum for more than 5-6 months now!! i have a toruble. its basically that i am an indian student and i was supposed to do a sandwich program ie an internship in year 3 of my course which i didnt do. I have just graduated in july but i have the student visa valid till sept 2008. i am still here but technically i am applying for jobs as i was told that i dont need to apply for igs till 4 months after my degree finishes as can look for a job till then. ie i finished in july and 4 months after that is oct 2007. I just want advise as to what time frame can i take in applying fo the igs now.

kwlbi
Newly Registered

Post by kwlbi » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:48 am

anyone ? pls help me iI dont want to make my stay here as an illegal!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:53 pm

You can apply for IGS now.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

kwlbi
Newly Registered

Post by kwlbi » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:59 pm

Thank you for your reply Victoria, much appreciated.
So does that mean I will not be seen as being illegal here in the uk, since I finished my graduation in June 2007. If i delay applying for IGS till November 07, will I be then considered illegal? i.e Rather than applying for IGs this month, can I apply in November as I understand i am legal stayer for upto 4 months after graduation.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:32 pm

You are legal as far as I can tell. But what is the point in delaying?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

kwlbi
Newly Registered

Post by kwlbi » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi Victoria

Thanks again for your help! I am basically delaying it till october end so that i do get this time to apply for a job and that way i could go for hsmp when i start my job from the start of the IGS.
As being a student i would need to show that I have enough earnings to justify the 75 points needed for the HSMP. Also could you tell me of any new changes to the HSMP that the govt. is thinking of bringing in within the next year or so ???

regards

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:55 pm

There are going to be changes but we won't know what they are until November at the earliest. I suspect they will be announced at the OISC conference I am attending, as they were last year.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!