ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of U.K. visitor visa: need help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monasaini
Newly Registered

Refusal of U.K. visitor visa: need help

Post by Monasaini » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Hello all,
We applied for visitor visa for my mum to visit us in U.K. My husband is a British citizen and sponsored my mum's visa. My mum is a widow and supported by her son (my brother) . We attached the following documents with her application:
Mum's Passport
6 month bank statement which is showing the monthly income given by her son
Fixed deposits of 1.5 lakh rupees
My brother's passport copy and bank statements ( proof of family in India)
House Valuation document ( house is owned by her)
Me and my husband's marriage certificate
Invitation letter by my husband
Sponsorship letter by me and my husband
Six month bank statement and salary slips of my husband
House documents in UK

We mentioned in application that we bear all her cost visit to U.K. Including accommodation, flights booking etc.
The CEO said that sponsorship details Are ok but the applicant doesn't show that she has strong ties in India.

We gave my brother's documents to show her connection in India.

Please suggest more documents If we missed something. We are thinking of making another application.

Tamandua

Re: Refusal of U.K. visitor visa: need help

Post by Tamandua » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:06 am

Does your mother have any occupation?

Maybe the ownership of property in India can be used as evidence that she has ties there.

batleykhan

Re: Refusal of U.K. visitor visa: need help

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 pm

You need concrete evidence that your widowed mother will return back home after visit.

Unfortunately the evidence you have provided is not good enough to convince the ECO that she will return.She lives with her son In India and has a mere 1.5 Lakh Rupees( £1000 ?)in her account.That in my opinion is not a good enough reason for her to return.

The ECO always assume that all applicants are liars....that puts the onus on the applicant to prove otherwise.
Elderly dependant visas are the hardest to get by the way.