ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit has been cancelled. URGENT!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sweetness

Work Permit has been cancelled. URGENT!

Post by sweetness » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Work Permit has been cancelled. URGENT!

Post by olisun » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 pm

sweetness wrote:Hi,

I have been working in the UK for 4 years, 1 month. However I just found out that my employer has cancelled my work permit, without notifying me. Though I would like to stay in the UK. Is there anyway of me applying any type of visa t stay in the UK or to apply for a job or anything, but I just want to stay in the UK......PLEASE help! I'm in a difficult situation.

Many thanks to all of those who reply to my question. Your answers are very important to me at this moment.

Once again, thank you.
In one of the other posts you mentioned you are a British Citizen

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:14 pm

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 pm

sweetness wrote:Hi Olisun.... the other topic might have been my friend.... however i have borrowed her login details to get ur help on my situation, as she sed that this forum was very helpful.... im sorry to have got u confused....apologies
It is confusing. Why don't you create your own login name?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 am

You have 28 days from the moment the work permit is cancelled; in those 28 days you need to get a new FLR (other leave to remain, tier 1 or tier 2-3). If you fail to get the new FLR you will be overstaying, this will cause you significant problems in the future. It may prove easier to return to your home country and apply from there, however you would reset your ILR clock.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:32 am

Is it just your work permit that's been cancelled or has your leave to remain been curtailed as well?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:22 am

paulp wrote:Is it just your work permit that's been cancelled or has your leave to remain been curtailed as well?
Does it matter?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:33 am

olisun wrote:
paulp wrote:Is it just your work permit that's been cancelled or has your leave to remain been curtailed as well?
Does it matter?
It begs the question how the OP "found out" his work permit has been cancelled. Was it from the grapevine or did he receive a letter from HO? That would determine how much time he's got to find another job, apply for HSMP, whatever.

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:49 pm

sweetness wrote:Hey guyz, thank u very much. it's only jus the work permit that got cancelled. nothing else. anyway guys thank u.
But if WP is cancelled surely LTR is invalidated too?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:32 am

Wanderer wrote:
sweetness wrote:Hey guyz, thank u very much. it's only jus the work permit that got cancelled. nothing else. anyway guys thank u.
But if WP is cancelled surely LTR is invalidated too?
That's what I used to think. After doing some more research, I found that leave to remain is invalidated when admin removal under section 10 is served, or the visa is curtailed because of "Ceasing to meet the requirements of the Rules". It should also be the case when a notice to deport is served.

I haven't seen anywhere else in the IDIs where the LTR is "automatically" invalidated. It seems like this doesn't happen.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:39 pm

sweetness wrote: However I just found out that my employer has cancelled my work permit, without notifying me.
Were you still working for the employer and doing the right job when the employer cancelled the work permit? If so, that is a terrible thing to do!

If you had left the employer, they have to tell the BIA that you have left & the permit will get cancelled.

Some people do get their leave curtailed when permits are revoked.

From the business and commercial guidance on the BIA website:
What if the person does not take up the post or the employment ends prematurely?

212. It is important that the Border and Immigration Agency is notified at once if the person does not take up the post or if the employment of a work permit holder ends prematurely, whether the employee leaves voluntarily or is made redundant. We should also be informed if your company ceases to trade while you still have work permit holders in your employ.

213. You should inform us by completing the “Notification of Premature End of Employmentâ€

lailalaila22
Newly Registered

Post by lailalaila22 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:50 am

Hi does anyone know how the home office looks at proxy marriage? is it approved ?? like if u apply for residence card

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:07 pm

lailalaila22 wrote:Hi does anyone know how the home office looks at proxy marriage? is it approved ?? like if u apply for residence card
HO doesn't recognise proxy marriages unless recognised by the countries of both participants and in the place of marriage.

So, Manuel in Mexico's proxy marriage to Consuela in Venezuela will be recognised by the HO if they are both immigrating to UK, cos proxy marriages are legal in those countries.

But, if Susan from Wales has married Samir from Algeria by proxy and wants to apply for spouse visa for him, the marriage will not be recognised.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:35 pm

sweetness wrote:Hi,

I have been working in the UK for 4 years, 1 month. However I just found out that my employer has cancelled my work permit, without notifying me. Though I would like to stay in the UK. Is there anyway of me applying any type of visa t stay in the UK or to apply for a job or anything, but I just want to stay in the UK......PLEASE help! I'm in a difficult situation.

Many thanks to all of those who reply to my question. Your answers are very important to me at this moment.

Once again, thank you.
Did you try for hsmp as someone previously adviced ?

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:15 am

Fingers crossed.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:11 pm

You should speak to an employment solicitor. This is effectively instant dismissal, and you may have some redress.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:10 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:26 pm

sweetness wrote:thank you to all the people with the questions and replies. however i have managed to contact the HO and they have given a limited of time to get another job and then they would approve another work permit again,MAYBE. to some peoples questions. yes i was working, and i had no trouble with the employer at all what so ever. but i quess they were jus evil. anyways i managed to solve my problem and have applied for a new application. so lets hope for the best to happen yh.
Just out of curiosity why did your employer do something like that? Did they even tell you that they are gonna dismiss you/warn you of dismissal?
its just not on. feel sorry for you though, but good luck.

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:19 pm