ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - I Need Urgent Reply

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

buddy009
Newly Registered

ILR Application - I Need Urgent Reply

Post by buddy009 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:21 pm

I have made an appointment to apply in person for ILR on 6th December based on 4 year continuous work permit employment. I have just discovered now by reading different cases in this forum that a change in company name may complicate the issue. Let me explain the sitauation:

The company that I am working for has made an acquisition at the beginning of this year and changed its trading name. The current name is a combination of the old name and the name of the company recently acquired. There is no change in company registration number, VAT registration, address or any terms & conditions of trading.
Work Permits UK have not been informed of this change yet.
Should I go ahead and make the ILR application next week, I can easily get a letter from employer informing the Immigration Office about the name change OR Should I get my company to inform Work Permits UK first and then apply for ILR ? I would appreciate your help.