ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Replacement visa timeline???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tbmz
Newly Registered

BRP Replacement visa timeline???

Post by tbmz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi everyone!
Was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on their brp replacement visa timeline. My husband lost his visa while abroad in NY.

He submitted his biometrics on October 10th, October 16th application recieved, and October 23rd we recieved a complex case email.

He submitted all documents including proof of brp cancellation and a police report which he did about
3 wks after loosing it- silly i know . Anyway we are now a bit concerned... The only thing that could be "complex" is that where the application asks about places visited in the last 10 years, he did not list them all. Or could it be that he took longer then expected to submit a police report?!

Being left in the dark isnt great!

Any advise would be appreciated.

live4pride
- thin ice -

Re: BRP Replacement visa timeline???

Post by live4pride » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the situation and I can imagine how stressful it would be for you guys. I believe it takes 15 working days for the single entry visa to be issues. After that normal BRP replacement time frame and procedures starts.

Only trouble is this single entry visa is not widely discussed. Many of us wouldn’t be aware of the seriousness of this issue. But hopefully with us discussing things like this might help many more stuck in same situation.

Good luck with your application and keep us updated!
where there's a will there's a way

tbmz
Newly Registered

Post by tbmz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:17 pm

15 working days today and still nothing!!
Kinda wish we paid for priority now...

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Is there a priority option for BRP replacement??? I lost mine while working abroad and now I am back in the UK for just a couple weeks before flying out again to finish the project. I was going to go into a premium centre and pay the £600+ to get it done but the next available booking isn't for more than a month!

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:17 pm

oh actually ... page 8 of the application explains you don't need to send in your passport if you meet some requirements

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:48 pm

tbmz wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:17 pm
15 working days today and still nothing!!
Kinda wish we paid for priority now...
The online application is quite detailed and I tried to stick with the every correct detail possible. Hopefully it’s gonna work out. 15 working days is a long time considering he already had a visa and has just lost it. Understand there’s security issue but that’s why this Biometric Card is there to stop the abuse! Let’s just hope for the best.
where there's a will there's a way

fimirza
Newly Registered

Post by fimirza » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:31 am

Hi,
Where did you apply for the replacement BRP Visa, what documents did you submit and did your husband got the visa? If yes, how long did it take?