ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Transfer to a new Passport for British Citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

ILR Transfer to a new Passport for British Citizenship

Post by spooklightCW » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:51 pm

Hi,

I just renewed my passport. my ILR stamp is still in my old passport. I am going to apply for my british citizenship, do I need to have my ILR stamp to my new passport? Or, I just include my old passport to the application?

Thanks a lot

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:06 pm

You do not need to move the ILR stamp to your new passport for the purpose of applying for british nationality.

Not sure of the requirements, but if they asking for passport, then you could sent both your old and new passport.

spooklightCW
Newly Registered

Post by spooklightCW » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:23 pm

mwazir wrote:You do not need to move the ILR stamp to your new passport for the purpose of applying for british nationality.

Not sure of the requirements, but if they asking for passport, then you could sent both your old and new passport.
Oh that's great thanks very much.

John

IND webpage

Post by John » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:22 pm

As it says on this IND webpage :-

Returning residents

:-
Must I apply for a no time limit stamp in my new passport?

If you have an indefinite leave to remain stamp in an old passport but do not wish to have it transferred to your new passport, you will need to carry your old passport and your new passport when you travel as evidence of your settled status. If are unable to produce this, there is a risk that you will be denied entry to the UK at the port of entry.
In other words, no compulsion to get the ILR visa put into the new passport, but do also carry the passport with the ILR visa in it, every time you travel internationally.