ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying Standard visitor visa from Norway

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samaronly
Newly Registered
Norway

applying Standard visitor visa from Norway

Post by samaronly » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi
I am from Nepal and currently I am working in Norway. I have temporary residence permit of Norway till 01 March 2017. I want to visit UK for few days as a tourist. But a friend of mine told me that my Norwegian residence permit should be valid for at least 6 months (from the date of UK visa application) to apply for UK visa.
I fulfill all other requirements since I just want to make a visit for 4-5 days only.
I wonder if anyone here has some information regarding my query.
To summerize in one sentence, my question is:

"Can I (citizen of Nepal) can apply UK visa from Norway while my Norwegian temporary residence card is expiring in 2 months?"

Thank you in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: applying Standard visitor visa from Norway

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:28 pm

Surely you will have to use your passport for a visa application?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.