ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa problem!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

UK visa problem!

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 am

Hello, this is kind of long so please bear with me. Its urgent!

I am an Indian and got married in 2005 to a British citizen and had my kid in India in 2006 and got my family visa for 2 years.

Then in 2008
I got my PR visa from London, but I did not stay back in London and use to travel back and forth. But after 2009 I wasn't able to travel due to family and job problems and in 2011 my PR visa expired.

Fast forward 2013
MAY'13
Me and my son travel on family visit visa and return within a month with no issues.

July 2013
I again travel on the same family visit visa but this time I did not have a return ticket and because I was planning to settle now, so when the immigration officer asked "if I was planning to settle down" I said,"YES" and did not realize my mistake.
And they put me and my son in some prison sort of place. Conduct inquiry and somehow my husband manages to get us out but they issue us "deportation letter" and ask us to return on "returning resident visa"

We come back to India and apply for returning resident visa but were denied because there was "insufficient proof of my husband sponsoring us". Now they give us a chance of appeal, but because my husband is not interested in all of the expenditure and drama, leaves us hanging and doesn't apply for the appeal.

With a lot of pleading and everything, things got settled with my husband and he sent us all the required documents for the family settlement visa, but due to lack of financial resources, and my husband's unwillingness to pay for the visa, we couldn't apply.

Now we will be applying for a British overseas passport for my child and for myself I am thinking if possible I can apply for a travel visa-6 months and get inside London in some way to handle the problem with my husband! please let me know asap! it is important!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK visa problem!

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:47 am

Now we will be applying for a British overseas passport for my child
British Overseas Passport is a specific type of passport and not relevant to your child's circumstances as your child is British by Descent. Child applies for a normal British Passport, which can take 6 to 12 months from India and you need your husbands documentation to prove your son is British.
and for myself I am thinking if possible I can apply for a travel visa-6 months and get inside London in some way to handle the problem with my husband!
Unlikely you will be granted a visitor visa to be honest.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:45 pm

British Overseas Passport is a specific type of passport and not relevant to your child's circumstances as your child is British by Descent. Child applies for a normal British Passport, which can take 6 to 12 months from India and you need your husbands documentation to prove your son is British.
we have all the documents regarding that!
Unlikely you will be granted a visitor visa to be honest.
And is there any other way I can go there! it is important!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 pm

You need your husbands original documents.

Without a visitor visa there is no other way. Without a visa you wont even be able to board a plane.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.