ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test coming up? - Know your full address and postcode!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

matt1020
Mood:

Life in the UK Test coming up? - Know your full address and postcode!

Post by matt1020 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 pm

I am posting this for the attention of all those who are about to take the Life in the UK Test, so you know what to expect.

My spouse has been studying hard for the test since the New Year and went to take it earlier this week. I will not say where the test was booked, other than that it was at a centre in the north of England.

My spouse provided all the relevant information requested – proof of identity and proof of address – all original documents. Before starting the test my spouse was asked a number of questions to ascertain identity – name, date of birth, address etc. My spouse gave all information correctly, but was unable to remember the last three digits of our postcode in the correct order. For this reason, and this reason alone, my spouse was not allowed to take the test on this occasion!

As you may be aware, partners/spouses are not allowed to accompany the applicant into the test centre. I have gathered from feedback from my spouse that some immigration officials have treated my spouse differently – dare I say it, less respectfully - when not accompanied by me. The official my spouse dealt with on this occasion was also quite rude by all accounts, shouting at an another applicant whilst dealing with my spouse's case. This official was also quite patronising after informing my spouse they were unable to take the test, saying; "Don't worry, you still have plenty of time to take the test". Clearly my spouse has been left distressed and disheartened by this whole experience.

At best I would say that the people working in these centres are extremely pedantic; at worst, looking for opportunities to fail applicants over the slightest detail, maybe? Let's face it, at £50 a time it's a pretty good earner for the government!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similarly negative experience at any LITU test centre? Please avoid referring to test centres and/or individuals by name so that your post isn't removed.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Life in the UK Test coming up? - Know your full address and postcode!

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 pm

I suggest you make a complaint. How, I don't know but I am sure you can find it out (Google is the king).
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.