ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gemini3913
Newly Registered
United States of America

Overstaying question

Post by gemini3913 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:28 pm

I am going to visit my wife soon in the uk. I will be entering via a flight from Dublin to BHX(flight). I have as of now obtained a return flight 1 week from the date I arrive. My question is if am I allowed to stay past that date, as long as I leave within the timeframe of the Common Travel laws, which give a person leave to enter the UK through Ireland for a period of up to 3 months. I am going to be submitting my Spousal visa application soon and don't want to jeopardize it, but my wife is having some medical issues. She needs a surgery and basically I will be helping to look after the kids and also caring for her. This could very well end up needing to last longer than a week, but definately won't exceed the 3 month period.

gemini3913
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Overstaying question

Post by gemini3913 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am

can anyone tell me if this is actually breaking the rules of is it ok as long as I leave within my leave to enter period of 3 months

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:46 am

What nationality are you?
Do you have an Irish or UK visa?

See also Annex I: entry to the UK through the Republic of Ireland.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gemini3913
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by gemini3913 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm

I'm American, and I've probably read that already it just doesn't make sense to me. I have looked and looked on the web for an answer to this question and can't find answers anywhere, but I've posted here once before and the answers were very helpful coming from people rather than from publications I don't really understand.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 pm

I'm guessing:
Is the Pax
• a previous refusal in the UK; or
• asubjectofaDOintheUK
• subject to exclusion on
conducive grounds in the UK
• an illegal entrant in ROI
No
Did Pax arrive in the ROI from the UK or Islands?
No
Visa National?
No
Non Visa National
Deemed to have 3 Months Code 3
So, staying up to three months should be okay. Keep evidence of travel.

Moreover, Overstaying shouldn't affect a future spouse visa application. However, be careful of 320(11).

Why are you entering the UK via Ireland and not directly?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gemini3913
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by gemini3913 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 pm

I am entering this way due to the fact that airfare this way is less expensive. I don't intend to stay longer than 3 months, so the fact that I could enter this way and save money seemed a no brainer