ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Child Benefit & Child Tax Credit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wokerman
Newly Registered

Help! Child Benefit & Child Tax Credit

Post by wokerman » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:30 pm

I was granted CTC without any problems. I did enquire about it before applying and I was told to just send the application and see what happens. For some reason, they decided to grant it!

Also, I ignorantly applied for child benefit about 3 years ago for my first child. At the time, I really didn't know that it wasn't allowed. The application was provided by the hospital at the time and I just sent the filled in forms with passport copies etc.

Of course they returned the application stating that I wasn't allowed CB etc but was also given some CB ref number.

I know now that CTC is not one of the "public funds" but there is a record of my CB application.

I am quite worried about this now. Could this be a problem in an ILR applicaiton? Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

tvt

Post by tvt » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:38 pm

No problems unless "public Funds" list in the Immigration Rules is amended to include CTC. If and when that happens you will still have enough time to tell the Inland Revenue to stop payments (you don't need to tell them why). Legally, there will be no retrospective effect.

The fact that you applied for CB and refused is irrelevant for immigration purposes. It is not illegal to apply for public funds. What is illegal is to actually receive them.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>