ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

renew my Indian passport. Do I need to inform home office ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shanky

renew my Indian passport. Do I need to inform home office ?

Post by shanky » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello Guys

So if I renew my Indian passport which is supposed to expire in some time. Do I need to inform home office regarding Indian passport renewal? I have ILR as a BRP Card

Thanks

Regards

S

never

Re: renew my Indian passport. Do I need to inform home office ?

Post by never » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 pm

No

Justlorde
India

Post by Justlorde » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:31 pm

shanky wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:58 pm
Hello Guys

So if I renew my Indian passport which is supposed to expire in some time. Do I need to inform home office regarding Indian passport renewal? I have ILR as a BRP Card

Thanks

Regards

S
Nope. I had applied for ILR using old passport and have got new passport now, and have travelled using new BRP and new passport (I do carry my old passport, just in case)

never

Post by never » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Always

rajumatix
Newly Registered

Post by rajumatix » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:13 am

All,

Picking up on this topic once again with a related post for your advice please.

(1) I have a ILR, with BRP card - the ILR was issued in Feb 2018 which means i am eligible for and will be applying for citizenship in Feb 2019.

(2) My Indian passport expired this week (21 Nov 18) and i have not yet applied for a new Indian passport as i assume when i apply for Citizenship i will need to renounce or surrender my old Indian passport anyway - i.e., i don't see the point of renewing Indian passport just for 2-3 months only then to surrender it.

(3) I have no plans to travel anywhere for the next 6 months or so, and will not be using my passport or BRP to re-enter

My question is, if i change my job now will the new employer have any issues when they ask for residency documents as i assume the BRP card is the main document to prove ILR and ability to change employer/work? If my new employer has questions about my expired passport my response is going to be same as point (2) above.

Regards, R