ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer of ILR visa to BRP - Urgent advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pwad
Newly Registered
India

Transfer of ILR visa to BRP - Urgent advice

Post by pwad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:30 pm

I am currently on ILR visa which is in my expired passport. I am starting a new job and the employer requires me to transfer the Visa to BRP. In addition, although my ILR visa is in my expired passport, my new passport clearly states that I my visa is in the old passport (and also states the old passport number), hence never had any problems with the previous employer or travel in and out of the UK. I only found out of the requirement of the transfer of visa to BRP now and wondered given that I should have changed this immediately after the expiry of the passport (mid 2016). Will this be an issue while applying for a transfer now?

Furthermore, I am currently looking to get visa transferred with BRP asap and would appreciate any help on the documents required for the same (The guidance sections does not provide list of document unless you start the online application process).

Any help/advice on the above will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Best regards

pwad

vinny

Re: Transfer of ILR visa to BRP - Urgent advice

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:34 pm

You may apply for NTL.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pwad
Newly Registered
India

Post by pwad » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:50 am

Thanks a Vinny.

DoubleTake
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by DoubleTake » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:31 am

Depending on how urgent it is, you could apply using one of the premium service centres (https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres). Currently, the cost of the service is £839 (https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... e-visa-brp). I guess this is a matter of opportunity cost, i.e. starting work sooner and earning money to offset the cost of the premium service vs not working until the BRP arrives through the normal service.

pnlakshmi
Newly Registered

Post by pnlakshmi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:31 pm

I am also on the similar boat... Need to get BRP but not completely sure why need a full list of proof's confirming I am in UK from last five years (I got settlement 5 years back).. Could you please share your experience and how did it go with the appointment.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:29 pm

It's because they want to know if your ILR had lapsed or not.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chandrasrp
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chandrasrp » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:03 am

@pnlakshmi

how your appointment went and what documents they asked ?

Thanks