ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

preet8899

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by preet8899 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:51 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:32 pm
Gdeep52 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:30 pm
What does the email say exactly?
Dear XXX

I am pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status.

Thank you for using our super priority service.
I love the last line...not a hint of irony! :P

email arrived 4.30pm
Thanks for sharing. I really hope they are clearing the pending applications.
It has been very stressful so far.

manish7490
Newly Registered
India

Post by manish7490 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:57 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:13 pm
wow again, something happened today

Route: SET(M)
Online submission: 12/11/18
Wife eligible to apply from 28/11/18 (5 yrs from entry to UK minus 28 days)
Premium appointment: Mark Lane, London 30/11/18
Four escalations
Email confirming ILR granted: 01/01/19

I think the logjam might finally be clearing, I was one of the November ones, we might get few more now that the neverending holiday season is over.

hang in there everyone 8)
HI @oldmankensey,
now you are done and dusted, you can have good nights sleep whilst people like me will be lingering around such forums. may i request if you can share the non public email address to which you replied to. I want to give it a try to see if it moved my application anywhere. also please can you share the complaints email address to which you escalated 4 times. thanks. my email is email address removed by moderator

prejay

Post by prejay » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:00 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:31 pm
yeah, sorry, too delirious writing that message out, email obviously today 03/01/19

I need to find out the best way of claiming a refund on the extra £600 because we'll certainly be doing that.
Please do update us on this.

If you're unsuccessful then let's figure out a way that we can rally as a group for this. There are a lot of people here who I'm sure would be happy to throw their hat in the ring - and I think the more noise we make the better chances we'd have.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:02 pm

oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

I think the logjam might finally be clearing, I was one of the November ones, we might get few more now that the neverending holiday season is over.

Great news! Congratulations!

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm

oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

Unlike the SET (LR) applications that caseworkers can grant ILR if they consider the applicatiin 28 days before qualifying date, SET (M) Guidance only allows caseworkers to add 28 days to the date of submission, and not the date of decision (read the 3 situations in the Guidance).

They had held the apication until the actual qualifying date.

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:11 pm

allyf wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:28 pm
oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

Wow that’s great news oldmankensey!!! What a relief!
congrats on waiting for mine

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:27 pm

oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

Congrats buddy!!!
Amazing news!! finally some relief and lots of excitement !!
Hope you are celebrating :)

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm

someone will have to take over my list editing duties :)

himanshuc
Mood:
India

Post by himanshuc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi will the courier drop the BRP and/or decision letter if there is no one at home to collect? Thanks
manish7490 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:59 pm
KBE wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:47 pm
Hi, Thanks all for the wealth of info on the site. I haven't commented before but have been carefully watching the activity on this thread for months and it helped me a great deal.
Update from me on process;
Set (O) Ancestry route. Expected a very simple application - nothing exceptional at all in file and able to supply all required docs.
Myself as main applicant and 1 x spouse and 2 x child dependants
Super priority service (yes nearly bankrupted us - all fees x 4!!)

13th December Online application (exactly 28 days before 5 year anniversary of Visa entry although I did not enter UK until 6th Feb 2014 - using the days in between as within allowed 'absence from UK')

14th December Received confirmation application received with message saying would take 6 months! Paniced and rang HO who assured this was a standard email for all applications and didn't alter my status as Super priority.

20th December VCAS Croyden appointment. Took about 1.5 hours - but there was 4 of us. Very pleasant and straightforward process. All kind and helpful

Absolutely no news - no emails or post until yesterday.

02 January -Royal Mail courier on doorstep. Had to sign for envelopes which had all 4 BRP's in them. I still haven't received any written official confirmation that application successful but assume this isn't necessary now I have the BRP's

By all accounts given the stat holidays processing took 3 business days which I was fine with. Very pleased and relieved it's over and hope all the best news is on the way for everyone still waiting - again thanks for all the advice and wisdom!

Feel free to ask any questions. From reading the threads I think I'm the first to fully process an Ancestry route ILR application.

Very surprised that your documents are send via Royalmail, normally its DX. But anyways cherish the good news and end of visa renewal.

ianone

Post by ianone » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 pm

allyf wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:19 am
ianone wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:05 am
allyf wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:45 pm

For me the approval letter came by Royal Mail (needed signature for letter) and the BRP came via DX courier (signature also requires). Hope that helps
Hi Allyf,

When did you receive your BRP delivered? I am still waiting to receive mine.

Thanks
Hi ianone, yes the BRP was delivered at 930 this morning by DX. The letter was received on Monday the 31st by Royal Mail. That letter on Monday said “within 7 working days from decision date” (27th I think for you too). I’m sure your letter will be coming soon, if not the BRP directly. Keep us posted...
Hi Allyf,

My Legal Rep. received the letter by post on Monday as well, but still haven't received the BRP.

Contacted DX to see if there's anything in the post for me, they said there's nothing.

Still waiting...

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 pm

bibi2 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm
oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

Unlike the SET (LR) applications that caseworkers can grant ILR if they consider the applicatiin 28 days before qualifying date, SET (M) Guidance only allows caseworkers to add 28 days to the date of submission, and not the date of decision (read the 3 situations in the Guidance).

Do you have a link for that please? I don't understand. Are you saying that applications for SET(M) cannot be submitted 28 days before the 5 year anniversary to qualify?

divide_by_zero
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by divide_by_zero » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:42 pm

michali wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 pm
bibi2 wrote:
oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

Do you have a link for that please? I don't understand. Are you saying that applications for SET(M) cannot be submitted 28 days before the 5 year anniversary to qualify?
I am unsure about this, too. The guidance (19 Dec 2018 version) says on page 17/125:

"A person in the UK with entry clearance or limited leave to remain granted on the basis of family life on a 5-year route, in an application made from 9 July 2012, should apply for further leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave."

So does this mean you can APPLY 28 days in advance of your eligibility period, but you won't get a decision until you have completed the entire 5 years?

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 pm

oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

Thats awesome new Oldmankensey. I have been secretly praying and hoping you get a good response soon. Im happy for you!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:11 pm

ianone wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 pm
allyf wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:19 am
ianone wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:05 am
allyf wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:45 pm

For me the approval letter came by Royal Mail (needed signature for letter) and the BRP came via DX courier (signature also requires). Hope that helps
Hi Allyf,

When did you receive your BRP delivered? I am still waiting to receive mine.

Thanks
Hi ianone, yes the BRP was delivered at 930 this morning by DX. The letter was received on Monday the 31st by Royal Mail. That letter on Monday said “within 7 working days from decision date” (27th I think for you too). I’m sure your letter will be coming soon, if not the BRP directly. Keep us posted...
Hi Allyf,

My Legal Rep. received the letter by post on Monday as well, but still haven't received the BRP.

Contacted DX to see if there's anything in the post for me, they said there's nothing.

Still waiting...
Hang in there it should be coming soon. Keep calling DX daily to see if they have anything scheduled. If no one is home to accept the delivery they will leave a notice for you...

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:14 pm

divide_by_zero wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:42 pm
michali wrote:
bibi2 wrote:
oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

I am unsure about this, too. The guidance (19 Dec 2018 version) says on page 17/125:

"A person in the UK with entry clearance or limited leave to remain granted on the basis of family life on a 5-year route, in an application made from 9 July 2012, should apply for further leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave."

So does this mean you can APPLY 28 days in advance of your eligibility period, but you won't get a decision until you have completed the entire 5 years?
They gave me a decision within my 5 year (28 days before the 5 year mark)

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 pm

michali wrote:
bibi2 wrote:
oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

Page 9 of Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK, Version 17.0.

'Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would
reach the end of the specified period.

You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from
whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application'

As you can see, caseworkers cannot add 28 to the date of decision. So they either ignore this and grant ILR, or keep the application for further 28 days and then grant ILR.

I don't want to defend HO staff but some have submitted too early could be rejected but caseworker are doing them a favoud (very rare case).

The case is totally different for SET LR. The Guidance for these applications refers to 28 days from the date of decision (which is obviously after biometric enrolment).

I submitted an application for a client in early December but later realised the risk of refusal and loss of £3000 so I have postpond his appointment to mid-Jan.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm
someone will have to take over my list editing duties :)
oldmankensey, will you be applying for citizenship now, or have you had enough ? !! I’m going to apply for citizenship next...wanted to see if anyone from this forum will be joining me...😁

amyabaker
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by amyabaker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:47 pm

Hello, would anyone be kind enough to copy and paste the confirmation email they got from the Home Office after using the Super Priority Service? I applied for Set (M) today in Croydon on the 5 year spouse route and got a very cryptic email from Home Office on the same day. See below:

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been decided. You will receive your decision letter in due course. Thank you for using our super priority service.

I’m tying to decipher why they didn’t just tell me outright whether my application was approved or not. And no mention of the BRP ... Hmmm.

Hoping someone can help me! I’m quite worried.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 am

amyabaker wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:47 pm
Hello, would anyone be kind enough to copy and paste the confirmation email they got from the Home Office after using the Super Priority Service? I applied for Set (M) today in Croydon on the 5 year spouse route and got a very cryptic email from Home Office on the same day. See below:

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been decided. You will receive your decision letter in due course. Thank you for using our super priority service.

I’m tying to decipher why they didn’t just tell me outright whether my application was approved or not. And no mention of the BRP ... Hmmm.

Hmmm that definitely is cryptic...the email I received was similar however clearly stating “approved.” But I don’t want to panic you, I’m sure the outcome is positive especially since they have sent it to you within the same day. If it was negative, I doubt it would come back that quick....

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:47 am

divide_by_zero wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:42 pm
michali wrote:
bibi2 wrote:
oldmankensey wrote:

Four escalations

The above quote (p 17/125) is entirley separate thing from what I'm saying. Of course you can apply 28 days in advance, but you cannot apply 40 days in advance (online) and have your appointment within 28 days (except SET LR).

It is the date of application (online application) that counts as date of submission, and not the date of appointment.

Why I posted this - someone was complaining that they had not received a response to an application submitted online 44 days before 5 years (appointment was within 28 days). This application could be refused. The caseworker had held the application instead of refusing it.

Udani
Newly Registered

Post by Udani » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:05 am

Hello everyone;
i have been reading posts on new UKVCAS system, this forum is a blessing for people like me. i need advice about online application to apply for ILR from PBS dependent.

My husband is currently applying for ILR following 5 years residence on PBS dependent visa. I was on Tier 1 G then got ILR then naturalized. we used SET (O) Form online.

I was hoping that it is still the same requirements as Set (O) paper form. However, the online application does not ask for many documents which were compulsory with paper form, unless I'm missing something.

From the documents to submit to the UKVCAS following the application submission, there are only the following being mentioned as part of the online application:

1.The passport of the applicant
2. Applicant's Life in the UK Test pass notification
3. Evidence of Applicant's immigration status in the UK
4. Declaration signed by Applicant to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks (separate pdf to be printed and completed by applicant and partner)
5. Current Biometric Residence Permit
6. Language test
7. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on applicant for joint accounts or
third party support

Are these sufficient and the only docs to submit?

I cannot see any requirement/asking for the following with the online application, are these still required?:

a. my or my husband's Bank statements for verification checks, not being asked
b. Cohabitation proof for 2 years, not being asked
c. maintenance requirement
d. declaring absences for dependents (180 days requirement)
e. Photos not asked for
f. payslips of applicant/proof of income.

please note that i was sponsoring my husband, but i am off work now for two years due to kids and family. so i can't provide my payslips or income proof. my husband is earning about £800/month. i am claiming housing benefit so i hope it will not effect his ILR application.
his appointment is booked for 9th January. so any early reply will be really appreciated,
if any moderator can please advice on my query, i will be so grateful.

Thank you

Best Regards

Udani

manish7490
Newly Registered
India

Post by manish7490 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:40 am

can anyone help with escalations email address or contact details, i have applied using super priority on 23rd Dec for ILR from tier 2 general and haven't heard ever since....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:17 am

manish7490 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:40 am
can anyone help with escalations email address or contact details, i have applied using super priority on 23rd Dec for ILR from tier 2 general and haven't heard ever since....
Have you taken the time to read through the whole thread??? This info has been posted more than once!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:37 am

amyabaker wrote:

That message is fine. Different offices have different templates. Some state in email that it's approved, others just say has been decided. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of mention of BRP. My friend got the exact same msg but had "decision letter and BRP in due course" written. But let's hope for the positive news.

mil10cv
Newly Registered
India

Post by mil10cv » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am

amyabaker wrote:

i got exactly same email on 2nd dec, no mention about BRP, i will update you as soon as i receive the decision letter, hope it will be a positive outcome