ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Js14clark
Newly Registered

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Js14clark » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:06 pm
Js14clark wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:42 pm
Hello

Does anybody know if the super priority service is still adhering to the one day response or do they have delays?

Apologies if there is another thread for this
It really does depend on various aspects. As you were already advised in your own topic, there is no guarantee that you will definitely get a quick response.

Hello.

Subject to everything provided being correct, why is their no guarantee - what is the purpose of the 1 working day service if it is not adhered to in the majority of cases?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Js14clark wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:28 pm
CR001 wrote:
Js14clark wrote:
Hello

Does anybody know if the super priority service is still adhering to the one day response or do they have delays?

It really does depend on various aspects. As you were already advised in your own topic, there is no guarantee that you will definitely get a quick response.

Hello.

Subject to everything provided being correct, why is their no guarantee - what is the purpose of the 1 working day service if it is not adhered to in the majority of cases?
Some categories have more checks than others and specific salary and absence requirements etc and some applicants have complex cases or histories.

Super priority is not a "one size fits all", as all visa routes have different rules.

Even the old same day decison premium service did not guarantee a decision on the day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Js14clark
Newly Registered

Post by Js14clark » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:31 pm
Js14clark wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:28 pm
CR001 wrote:
Js14clark wrote:
Hello

Hello.

Some categories have more checks than others and specific salary and absence requirements etc and some applicants have complex cases or histories.

Super priority is not a "one size fits all", as all visa routes have different rules.

Even the old same day decison premium service did not guarantee a decision on the day.

Absolutely, I was just wondering what the general experience of most people was at the present position

Thank you

mullangi1237
Newly Registered
India

Post by mullangi1237 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:25 pm

I have applied ILR set (o) - Super Priority

Super Priority Appointment - 21 March 2019

Complex Issues Letter - 21 March 2019

Requested for SAR to see what is going on - 01 April 2019 (it will take max 30 days to get updates. so far no updates)

Called Call Center - 09 April 2019

UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gov.uk emailed me "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard however, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible." - 10 April 2019

MP email - 10 April 2019 (no reply so far)

Emailed Tier25TMC@homeoffice.gov.uk - 15 April 2019 (waiting for updates)

This whole process is killing me. With the amount of money paid atleast they should have a courtesy to give us minimum update rather than generic reply.

fred22
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by fred22 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 pm

mullangi1237 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:25 pm
I have applied ILR set (o) - Super Priority

Super Priority Appointment - 21 March 2019

Complex Issues Letter - 21 March 2019

Called Call Center - 09 April 2019

UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gov.uk emailed me "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard however, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible." - 10 April 2019

This whole process is killing me. With the amount of money paid atleast they should have a courtesy to give us minimum update rather than generic reply.
Home office is saying they are not going to refund me £610 after it has been 1 month because they say on the same day they sent an email saying it is a complex issue and they couldn’t make decision in 24.
So the reason for refusing the refund is sending that famous automatic complex issue ... email.

omarwan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by omarwan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:24 am

Experience from the London Premium Lounge, EC3R 7AF

My appointment was on Friday at 11:00 am. I finished in 45 minutes. I paid the £35 documents check fees, so my documents have been checked prior of the appointment and I was advised accordingly. The way I was informed by the decision is quite disorganised, it might be because of the nuance of this service. Anyway, I haven't heard back from either Sopra Steria or the HO by any means till Tuesday morning.
  • Tuesday 6 :00 am, I received an email from DX courier, informing me that my BRP is on the way and someone needs to be at home to sign for its recipient
    • Tuesday 10:00 am, I received a letter (signature is required) from the HO informing me that my application has been approved and my BRP is on the way separately (expected delivery between 7-10 days)
      • Tuesday 10:00 am email from Sopra Steria informing me that my application has been approved and the official latter from the HO and my BRP are on the way
        • Tuesday 2:00 PM, delivery of BRP

I hope that you find this useful

fred22
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by fred22 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am

Update;

Biometric on: 12/03/2019
On 12/03/2019 received complex issue ...email.
Service : super priority service
Further documents requested: No
Email received: 17/04/2019
Decision: granted
I am waiting for the card and decision letter as I have no information when I will get them. In the email it says “in due course “
They already said no refund for super priority because they informed me on the same day that they cannot make a decision in 24h.
My advice is don’t go for super priority service. If your application is alright you will get a decision in 2 weeks time or less.

mullangi1237
Newly Registered
India

Post by mullangi1237 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:23 am

fred22 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am
Update;

Biometric on: 12/03/2019
On 12/03/2019 received complex issue ...email.
Service : super priority service
Further documents requested: No
Email received: 17/04/2019
Decision: granted
I am waiting for the card and decision letter as I have no information when I will get them. In the email it says “in due course “
They already said no refund for super priority because they informed me on the same day that they cannot make a decision in 24h.
My advice is don’t go for super priority service. If your application is alright you will get a decision in 2 weeks time or less.
congratulations...

rebeccacntu
Newly Registered

Post by rebeccacntu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:21 pm

Experience from the London Premium Lounge, EC3R 7AF April 2019.

I applied for settlement 10 year route. My super priority service appointment was on Monday 15th April at 8:30 am. I finished in 30 minutes. Submitted everything.

15.04 no further updates from HO or UKVCAS
16/04 no further updates from HO or UKVCAS
17/04 as of 17:17pm, no further updates from HO or UKVCAS; called HO helpline, they ask me to escalate next Friday.
Anxiously waiting.....Really don't want to go through the drama.

rebeccacntu
Newly Registered

Post by rebeccacntu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:27 pm

omarwan wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:24 am
Experience from the London Premium Lounge, EC3R 7AF

My appointment was on Friday at 11:00 am. I finished in 45 minutes. I paid the £35 documents check fees, so my documents have been checked prior of the appointment and I was advised accordingly. The way I was informed by the decision is quite disorganised, it might be because of the nuance of this service. Anyway, I haven't heard back from either Sopra Steria or the HO by any means till Tuesday morning.
  • Tuesday 6 :00 am, I received an email from DX courier, informing me that my BRP is on the way and someone needs to be at home to sign for its recipient
    • Tuesday 10:00 am, I received a letter (signature is required) from the HO informing me that my application has been approved and my BRP is on the way separately (expected delivery between 7-10 days)
      • Tuesday 10:00 am email from Sopra Steria informing me that my application has been approved and the official latter from the HO and my BRP are on the way
        • Tuesday 2:00 PM, delivery of BRP

I hope that you find this useful
congratulations i applied on Monday still nothing so far.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi Guys , I would like to Share a Good News, Alhamdulillah ( By the Grace of God), my ST LR has been Approved .

Application Submitted Set ( LR)- 15/04/2019
Super Prior Appointment at croydon - 16/04/2019 for 8:30 Am
Bio metric done and Application Submitted at - 9 am.
Decision Email Received at -3:50 pm seme day .
Decision Letter- Awaiting
BRP- Awaiting.
Decision email is as follows :

Dear ********

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

Kind Regards

Email Addrees: SuperPriorityNotification@homeoffice.gov.uk

I hope my ILR has been approved
Atif

brb82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by brb82 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:46 pm

brb82 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:08 pm
I submitted my Set(O) application last week and am waiting to hear anything back. Timeline to date is as follows:

Original immigration date: 1 May 2014 (as a Tier 2 General visa holder)
ILR eligibility: 3 April 2019
Online application submission and document upload: 3 April 2019, 7am
Biometric appointment: 3 April 2019, 9am (London Premium Lounge)
Email acknowledgment: none to date following my appointment confirmation
Online BRP status: existing BRP expiration and sponsor limitation show as of 8 April
Decision letter: waiting
BRP received: waiting

I spoke with the UKVI hotline just prior to COB on 5 April and was told that no one can look into my situation until Thursday, 11 April. Further, I was told not to expect any updates by email. I'm hoping for the best but am not happy with being left in the dark having paid £3k+ for premium service for me, my wife, and child.
Update as of this afternoon, 15 days since submitting our application and biometrics using the super-priority 24 hour service:

On 11 April, I contacted the UKVI call centre to request an update. On 12 April, I received a generic form email, stating "As our records indicate that further information is required to complete your application we cannot complete your application within the 24-hour service standard. We will complete your application as quickly as possible once this information is received." No details were given about what information is required or how I should go about providing it. The call centre informed me that I would receive a letter from my caseworker within five business days with details. Today is the fifth business day, and I've not received any further updates by post, email, or phone. When I spoke with the call centre this afternoon, they informed me that the only remaining thing for me to do is to write a letter to the UKVI department in Sheffield requesting an update.

Has anyone else received a similar email? If so, when did you receive feedback on what further information was required? Aside from writing the Sheffield department, is there anything I can do to motivate a meaningful response from UKVI?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:51 pm

brb82 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:46 pm
brb82 wrote:
I submitted my Set(O) application last week and am waiting to hear anything back. Timeline to date is as follows:

Online BRP status: existing BRP expiration and sponsor limitation show as of 8 April

I spoke with the UKVI hotline just prior to COB on 5 April and was told that no one can look into my situation until Thursday, 11 April. Further, I was told not to expect any updates by email. I'm hoping for the best but am not happy with being left in the dark having paid £3k+ for premium service for me, my wife, and child.
Update as of this afternoon, 15 days since submitting our application and biometrics using the super-priority 24 hour service:

On 11 April, I contacted the UKVI call centre to request an update. On 12 April, I received a generic form email, stating "As our records indicate that further information is required to complete your application we cannot complete your application within the 24-hour service standard. We will complete your application as quickly as possible once this information is received." No details were given about what information is required or how I should go about providing it. The call centre informed me that I would receive a letter from my caseworker within five business days with details. Today is the fifth business day, and I've not received any further updates by post, email, or phone. When I spoke with the call centre this afternoon, they informed me that the only remaining thing for me to do is to write a letter to the UKVI department in Sheffield requesting an update.

Has anyone else received a similar email? If so, when did you receive feedback on what further information was required? Aside from writing the Sheffield department, is there anything I can do to motivate a meaningful response from UKVI?
It is a generic email

HO is not waiting for you to send documents etc. They are doing other checks with other gov departments etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ssiimmoo
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Ssiimmoo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi everybody
Hope everybody doing alright.

Application Submitted Set ( M) 14/03/2019
Super Prior Appointment - 25/03/2019 for 11:30 Am
Biometric done and Application Submitted at - 12 am .

1 st escalation on 01/04/19
Received generic email on 01/04/19
Complain to HO on 01/04/19

MP escalation on 02/04/19
2 nd escalation on 03/04/19

Received a generic email on 04/04/19

Decision Email Received :16/04/19 approved
Decision Letter received :18/04/19
Biometric card received :18/04/19

I paid £610 for the super priority service (24hrs)
But i received a decision after 23 days .
Can somebody advise how can i claim the refund ?
Please . Any help will be much appreciated.

Moeribi
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by Moeribi » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:51 pm
brb82 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:46 pm
brb82 wrote:

It is a generic email

HO is not waiting for you to send documents etc. They are doing other checks with other gov departments etc.
Hi CR001,

Any idea what these checks with external government bodies are and whether they imply anything? I applied for Set LR in February and received a letter recently saying these checks are taking longer than normally and that they'll make a decision asap and these fluffy things. Just wondering whether you know anything about the nature of these checks. Thanks.

fred22
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by fred22 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:21 am

Ssiimmoo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:33 pm
Hi everybody

It depends if you have received any generic email during the first 24h or not. I also paid £610 and it took 35 days until decision was made but they refused to refund. I requested for refund but they said no because I received a generic email during 24h saying they can’t make a decision in 24h.

fred22
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by fred22 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:25 am

Moeribi,

You never know what they are or have been checking and they never tell anyone. All you can do is waiting for the decision.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:28 am

speckycanuck wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:47 pm
Hi Super Priority crowd. SET(M) application 22 Jan, biometrics 4 Feb, waiting since then ('exceptionally complex' blah blah, MP chasing to no avail, 'extended checks' and 'no timeframe').

Today I got an email saying I and my husband are expected to attend an interview - in Sheffield (we live down south) on 16 April midday (no changes unless medical reasons with documentation).

Aside form some scary but generic info - we'll be questioned separately as well, there are no drinks allowed and may be no toilets, it should not exceed 2 hrs, we may not be more than 15 minutes early but will be considered no-shows if late... - there is very little info about what this is all about. Obviously they have further questions but... yikes.

Has anyone else been summoned for an interview like this? I'm tempted to try to take a lawyer with me just because it sounds so intimidating and I'd feel better having someone who knew the law with us - haven't had one thus far - but I have to submit the name of any attending representative *now* when responding to the interview things saying I'll attend - not much time to get legal advice/representation.

Anyone else with this experience?
How was the interview? what is the outcome?

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:43 am

fred22 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:21 am
Ssiimmoo wrote:
Hi everybody

It depends if you have received any generic email during the first 24h or not. I also paid £610 and it took 35 days until decision was made but they refused to refund. I requested for refund but they said no because I received a generic email during 24h saying they can’t make a decision in 24h.
Which email address you used for asking refund?

fred22
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by fred22 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Engrwaseem,

I was in touch with the case worker via email. When she informed me it has been approved I complained about the super priority and refund of £610 and she replied i am not eligible. She explained that I can’t request a refund as on the same day when I had my biometric she has emailed me and informed me that she couldn’t make a decision in 24h. (Anyway I am not bothered now as the visa is granted so I am not going to chase it any further)

Ssiimmoo
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Ssiimmoo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:09 am

Fred22,

I received a generic email on the 6th day after attending Sopra Steria saying i will get a decision asap ,2 nd generic email saying delays is not the clients fault & i might be entitle for refund .

I have not received any email within the 24 hrs bracket.

Just wondering whats the best way to contact the home office .shall i contact my case worker ? Or contact the charging team ?

fred22
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by fred22 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:42 am

Yes you are entitled to refund and ask case worker for help.

mullangi1237
Newly Registered
India

Post by mullangi1237 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:44 pm

engrwaseem85 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:43 am
fred22 wrote:
Ssiimmoo wrote:
Hi everybody

Sounds like you got positive update (because you asking for refund) on your application

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:19 am

mullangi1237 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:44 pm
engrwaseem85 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:43 am
fred22 wrote:
Ssiimmoo wrote:
Hi everybody

Sounds like you got positive update (because you asking for refund) on your application
Hello mullangi1237,
yes, I have :) I will share a detailed post about my experience that might help others.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Update after receiving "Exceptionally Complex Issues" letter
Here is my journey after receiving exceptionally complex letter.
1/03/2019: Submitted my super-priority application based on completing 5 years (-28 days) on tier 2.
11/03/2019: Attended biometric appointment at Cardiff UKVCAS center, paid £100 to get this appointment.
12/03/2019: Within 24 hours, I received an email that my application has raised exceptionally complex issues and would require further time to thoroughly consider my case….
The email was from the case worker’s personal work email address (which was a kind of blessing, as I was able to contact him/her)
I never thought that I would receive this letter. To me, my application was very straight forward i.e. with same employer, I was exempted from salary requirements, never had any problems in the last 10 years wrt immigration, etc. That letter was very unexpected to me.
12/03/2019: I replied to the case worker thanking for the email, and asking if he/she would need any documents from myself or my sponsor that could help in making the decision. I also asked if the case worker could please kindly elaborate on what complex issues have been raised and how long it will take to get a decision?
12/03/2019: The case worker replied that there is nothing to worry, they need to check something with another department but don’t know the time scale.
This means I was stuck as don’t know what next to expect and when I will be hearing anything back from the HO.
17.04.2019: received an email from the case worker to confirm that my application for leave has now been granted (YESSSS!!!)
18.04.2019: Received a letter, which is about the BRP (e.g. I will receive the BRP within 7 working days and what to do if I don’t). Nothing about the decision, it is also mentioned that I have to return my previous BRP.
23.04.2019: Received BRP. Contacted DX many times to find if they have some letter for me but they said nothing, then there was the Easter break. I contacted DX again today and they said it will be delivered today.

In my case, I don’t know which department was involved but I was in touch with my caseworker, who was very kind to reply (sometimes :) ) It looks like UKVI does not bother once it sends out such letters and the case might end up in the awaiting cases queue. But I sent email to the caseworker asking for urgent considerations as I have travel plans to attend meetings. I believe this escalated the process as the caseworker contacted his/her line manager to chase up with the other department (from which they were awaiting a further response).

I was not able to contact using the telephone service and in those 5 weeks I never stopped thinking about it e.g. what could be wrong, did I miss something in the application (went over the application so many times to make sure everything is correct). My friends and relatives suggested not to contact the HO and MP as this will frustrate them and may make a wrong decision, but my anxiety did not stop me from contacting them :) I have not contacted my Mp though. Throughout this time, I was checking my work status on the website. The website was down when I received the email so could not check the status. A very stressful journey came to a good end.

I don't think I will be able to claim back super-priority fees as HO covered themselves by sending that complex issues letter.

I wish you all the best with your applications!