ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Centre at Reading - anyone been yet?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnhkg
Hong Kong

UKVCAS Centre at Reading - anyone been yet?

Post by johnhkg » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the newly opened Sopra Steria Centre at Reading Central Library. Is it easy to get appointments? Is the centre busy? Thanks...

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Re: UKVCAS Centre at Reading - anyone been yet?

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:46 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:57 pm
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the newly opened Sopra Steria Centre at Reading Central Library. Is it easy to get appointments? Is the centre busy? Thanks...
Hi

Let me know if you have/ had booked appointment at reading as i am thinking to book appointment there as well for my ILR

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Very disappointed with UKVCAS on this point. I submitted my online application on 10 December and went to UKVCAS website to book appointment for biometrics. There were no appointments available at Reading for the 14-day period visible (can't look beyond that). I can't believe there were no appointments, and so much for the promise of getting an appointment within 5 days. I ended up having to travel to Croydon.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

right so it is not just me that couldnt book at Reading then. This is a shambles.

Looking at other non-core centres, there is no availability either.

ras9zg
Newly Registered

Post by ras9zg » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi - I went this morning to the Reading centre and actually had probably the most jaw-droppingly amazing situation.

Online application submitted 30 December, went online at around 6 pm, saw a Reading appointment for 2 weeks out (they had at least 5 appointments free when I looked). All were 125 pounds cost. Picked the 10 am appointment. Just now learned today this is when the library opens on a Saturday, so was extra good. Was there 5 minutes in advance, went to first floor. There are two desk officers. They just sit you down, take passport and appointment letter, then have you do your biometrics in a small kiosk (2 there). I uploaded all my documents in advance (48 hours) and got an email 24 hours before my appointment telling me they all looked 100% ok. The desk officer didn't even need to see any documents, said I was good to go. In all, my husband and I walked in and out in 10 minutes. YES 10!!! My previous FLRM appointment under the old system for same day service took 4.5 hours. This was amazingly efficient.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Thanks for sharing. I ended up booking Reading and paid £120 for convenience's sake.

Can you share when you get the approval decision. Good luck!

Hartleyp
Newly Registered

Post by Hartleyp » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:09 pm

I will be using Reading in a few months so thanks for sharing the info.

Can you confirm you get your passport back straight away? I have booked a visit to Spain in June with my wife and need to apply for her to get a Shen Visa she needs 90+ days on her BRP which she will have but want to apply for her FLR M extenstion early so we get get a Shen Visa for Norway in September but will need her new BRP for that. Trying to apply on the standard route rather than priority and save £600!

TIA

ras9zg
Newly Registered

Post by ras9zg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Yes, you get your passport back straight away. The desk officer will scan it, and use it for the biometrics, but I think my passport was out of my hands for a grand total of 5 minutes in the processing.

However, in terms of being able to travel straight away / while the decision is processing or under review - I am unsure.