ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa - Original or copies of sponsor documents? Now retired - issue ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing

Visitor visa - Original or copies of sponsor documents? Now retired - issue ?

Post by rshelar » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of applying a long term visitor visa for my parents.

As a sponsor, can I provide online bank statements and scanned copy of my passport to my parents to provide with their visa application?

I had previously got a 5 year visitor visa for my parents - but they were working in full time employment then. Both of them have retired from work now. Would that be an issue? I am just showing their property and bank balance.

Thanks

rshelar
Member of Standing

Re: Visitor visa - Original or copies of sponsor documents? Now retired - issue ?

Post by rshelar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Can someone pleas advise?

vinny

Re: Visitor visa - Original or copies of sponsor documents? Now retired - issue ?

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 am

I believe they accept copies now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Re: Visitor visa - Property doc

Post by rshelar » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks.

For applicant they need originals and for sponsor I believe copies are accepted.

I have a leasehold flat in the UK. Can someone advise what documents I need to send to the applicant?
Previously I was renting and always provided tenancy agreement.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Copies are fine. I sent through my land registry and a copy of my mortgage statement for my mother in law..

You need to make sure you have really emphasised on ties to their country and social and economic reasons for them to always return. Now that they are retired the HO may argue they want to stay with you (not that they Will) but you'll need to just make it very clear they are to visit only..

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Thank you.

I am providing copy of land registry and current mortgage statement only as proof of ownership.

Also, I am a Director of a Ltd Company. So I am scanning and sending following

- Letter from accountant
- Dividend vouchers
- Payslips
- Personal and business bank statements

Anything else that I should also provide?