ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund of ILR fees

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ijam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Refund of ILR fees

Post by ijam » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi All:
My case:
I am a British citizen of non-EEA origin. My wife got her ILR in the month of Dec, 2018. Thereafter we applied for the naturalisation on 16 Jan, 2019 for my wife and 2 minor kids (non-ILR). The kids current PBS dependent visa had expiry date of 31 Mar, 2019. We have received the approval letter for all 3 on 20th Mar, 2019.
As the expiry date for the PBS dependent visa date was approaching and we didn't have a decision for the naturalisation, I applied for the kids ILR on 11th Mar, 2019 and got an appointment at UKVCAS for 27th Mar, 2019 on super-priority to be on the safer side. But as we got the approval letter for the naturalisation on 20th Mar, I promptly cancelled the ILR appointment for the 2 kids.
My question:
How do I withdraw the ILR application for the 2 kids? Do I get a refund? If yes, then what is the process to claim refund. This is £6000+.
A quick answer is highly appreciated.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Refund of ILR fees

Post by ishfaqsangra » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:40 pm

You should have not applied their ILR , in the first instance.

ijam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ijam » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:45 pm

Well I agree but we had applied for naturalisation registration of the kids without them having an ILR and this decision is discretionary. And as the current visa end date was approaching, we couldn't risk. That was the reason for applying for ILR. Any answer on the refund?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:31 pm

ijam wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:45 pm
Well I agree but we had applied for naturalisation registration of the kids without them having an ILR and this decision is discretionary. And as the current visa end date was approaching, we couldn't risk. That was the reason for applying for ILR. Any answer on the refund?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ijam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ijam » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:40 pm

Thanks.

ijam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ijam » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Posting for benefit of others:
I called the helpline and asked for the details for withdrawing the ILR Appln and the refund of fees.
The lady on the phone said I need to write a letter to the Sheffield Home office address and request for withdrawal.
Regarding refunds she said she cannot comment upon it and it is up to the case worker cancelling the application what they think.
So have send the letter and hoping for the best. Will keep posted.

ijam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ijam » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Update: The applications have been withdrawn now. Full refund has been provided for 1 kid and no refund yet for another kid. We are following up with HO.

Alex1981z
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Alex1981z » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:04 pm

ijam wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:08 pm
I called the helpline and asked for the details for withdrawing the ILR Appln and the refund of fees.
The lady on the phone said I need to write a letter to the Sheffield Home office address and request for withdrawal.
Regarding refunds she said she cannot comment upon it and it is up to the case worker cancelling the application what they think.
Could you please post the exact address of Sheffield Home Office where you have sent a request for the ILR refund? I am struggling to find their address.

I am in similar situation trying to get the money back for my sons ILR application.

For your information - according to `Applications for leave to remain: validation, variation and withdrawal` version 2.0 dated 30 November 2018, page 20 - any IRL application which has been withdrawn must be fully refunded, any application has been rejected it also must be refunded, however £25 administration fee must be retained.

Please see the link to the document below:

Kind Regards
Alex

Alex1981z
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Alex1981z » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Alex1981z wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:04 pm
ijam wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:08 pm
Could you please post the exact address of Sheffield Home Office where you have sent a request for the ILR refund? I am struggling to find their address.

I am in similar situation trying to get the money back for my sons ILR application.

For your information - according to `Applications for leave to remain: validation, variation and withdrawal` version 2.0 dated 30 November 2018, page 20 - any IRL application which has been withdrawn must be fully refunded, any application has been rejected it also must be refunded, however £25 administration fee must be retained.

Please see the link to the document below:

Kind Regards
Alex
I do apologise, page 8, not page 20. 'Retention of an administration fee'

Kind Regards
Alex

ijam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ijam » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:04 pm

This is where I send the letter. Mention the subject on top of the envelop :

Home Office & Immigration,
Level 4
Vulcan House Steel,
PO Box 3468
Sheffield,
S3 8WA

ijam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ijam » Thu May 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi,
An update for benefit of others. After writing a detailed letter to HO quoting the rules, I have now received the refund for other child as well. Thank you all who helped.