ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card delay and travel outside Uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

singhswat
Newly Registered

BRP Card delay and travel outside Uk

Post by singhswat » Thu May 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi,

I have received my ILR approval on 2 MAY 2019 and my BRP card hasn't arrived till date. I need to travel to France on Sunday on a business trip...

I have already raised my request to home office for delay of BRP card but they will respond within 5 days.

What are my options
Should I show them the ILR approval email once I reach UK and show my Tier 2 BRP card when I try to enter UK?

Please advice

zimba
Mood:

Re: BRP Card delay and travel outside Uk

Post by zimba » Thu May 16, 2019 10:16 pm

Without a BRP you will not be allowed to board planes, trains or buses from France to the UK :!:
Your Tier 2 BRP is now invalid and you must NOT use it.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

singhswat
Newly Registered

Post by singhswat » Fri May 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I'm no subject matter expert but if a person applies for ILR via post (which can take upto several months) he / she cannot travel until for 6 months... because the entire process can take upto 6 months.

Sorry I'm thinking out loud...
I apply for ILR and next day I travel outside UK and then following day ILR is approved... so if an ILR is approved my old Tier 2 BRP card becomes invalid? If yes, then there is not chance I can get me hands to it.

... experts please advice.... and reference links

Thanks for the help.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat May 18, 2019 2:09 am

If you leave the UK before your application is decided, such application is considered automatically withdraw as per rules. So you cannot travel while you have a pending application. When your application is approved your old BRP is invalidated on the spot. The fact you receive a new BRP later does not mean your old BRP is still valid. You are admitted back at the border based on the conditions of your current leave which are different for people with Tier 2 visa and ILR. Tier 2 holders are readmitted as visa holders, ILR holder are subjected to different rules as returning residents :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

singhswat
Newly Registered

Post by singhswat » Fri May 24, 2019 10:19 am

Thanks Zimba

I took your advice and cancelled my travel plans.... Thanks Everyone for your suggestions

crazy_ram

Post by crazy_ram » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi Singhswat,
How long it took to receive your BRP card. Please share info.

Kind Regards