ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying as a minor without any British parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gabehasas
Newly Registered
Mood:

Applying as a minor without any British parents

Post by Gabehasas » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Me and my mum, sister and brother-in-law are all first generation immigrants to England. Me and my mum came here in 2013 February, and my sister and brother-in-law a couple of years earlier, am I eligible to apply for a British citizenship or passport? (I'm a minor)

Sorry if this is not even the right place to post or I haven't elaborated enough, I'm just looking for advice on my situation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying as a minor without any British parents

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:45 pm

What is your full UK immigration/visa history?

How old are you?

You need ILR to apply for citizenship and as a minor born abroad, you can only apply for citizenship when one of your parents apply and the other one has ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: Applying as a minor without any British parents

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:27 am

Also, what are your parents’ immigration status?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.