ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Sole Representative Visa Documents Template

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Irfanlibra2017

UK Sole Representative Visa Documents Template

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi,

I am in process of applying for Sole Representative Visa for UK. I have been through the guidance notes. It gives me the information with regards to the letter I am supposed to submit from my company but Its very hard to find any draft/sample template of what should be the exact format of those letters.

Can anyone who has applied for Sole Representative visa send me the list of documents he attached with his her application for the purpose of Sole Representative visa and possibly any sample please.

thanks

World Traveller
Newly Registered

Re: UK Sole Representative Visa Documents Template

Post by World Traveller » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:36 pm

I applied many years ago but may still be able to help you as things did not change much as far as I know. Which specific letter are you talking about? There are too many documents involved...

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:14 pm

Thank u so much for your response mate. Actually there a some letters and documents that we r required to submit from the company.

I have followed the guidance notes and hopefully i have prepared all of them but i still need to make sure if i am missing any specific document and if there is any letter from the company that needs to be in a particular format.

So can u kindly type a list of documents checklist and specific format of any letter that might be strictly required by the home office.

Thanks

World Traveller
Newly Registered

Post by World Traveller » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 am

Thinking about the documents related to the company and looking at the government's website, the main ones seem to be:

- a full description of the parent company’s activities, including details of assets and accounts
(at the time, I believe I submitted a hard copy of PowerPoint presentation about the company plus a copy of the latest accounts supplied by our accountant)

- a letter confirming the overseas company will establish a wholly-owned subsidiary or register a branch in the UK in the same business activity as the parent company
(this is a simple letter signed by a senior executive - president or CEO - and using company letterhead)

- your job description, employment contract and salary details
(this is a simple document, just describing precisely what you will, how much you will make etc.)

- a letter confirming you’re familiar with the company and have the power to take operational decisions
(again, a simple letter, preferably signed by the president or CEO and using company letterhead)

You should also provide evidence that you:

- are directly employed by the parent company and are not acting as a sales agent (ie hired by a company to sell or distribute their products within the UK, but working for yourself and providing your services for a fee)
(this is something your accountant can confirm through a letter)

- were recruited to the company outside of the UK, hold a senior position and are able to make decisions on its behalf and have the authority to establish and operate a registered branch
(again, a simple letter, preferably signed by the president or CEO and using company letterhead)

- will be working full time for the company for the duration of your stay and will not carry out any other work
(again, a simple letter, preferably signed by the president or CEO and using company letterhead and I believe this could be included in the same letter mentioned in the previous item)

- are not a majority shareholder in the company
(this can be easily demonstrated through a copy of the company's Certificate of Incorporation or Articles of Association depending on how it works in your country)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:30 am

Hi,

Thank you so so much for a comprehensive reply. I truly appreciate that. Looking at what you have enlisted, i think i have alost all of these documents ready from my Company.

Can you also share your opinion about the maintenance funds requirement. I will show around 5000GBP in my personal account which are not maintained for 90 days and monthly salary is also coming into the same account from the company. Reading the guidance notes and other relevant websites, i think 90 days maintenance requirement is not applicable on sole representative applicants. Whats your thought?

Although my company turnover is around 500kGBP/year and maintained balance in company account is around 30,000GBP. Company is around 9 years old, registered and operating succesfully.

Here is a list of documents I am attaching, if any document is missing then do let me know:
Cover letter
Application form
Original Passport
Ielts UKVI General Test Report 6.5 Each
TB Screening Report
Police Clearance Certificate
Property Documents on my name
Family Registration Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Kids School Letters
Peronal Bank Statement
Account Maintenance Certificate
Salary Slips
Job Letter
Job Agreement
Job Agreement (Revised/Conditional on Sole Rep Grant offering 30kGBP per annum)
Comprehensive Business Plan
Company Registration documents
Company partnership deed document
Company Professional Registrations with Pakistan Software Export Board (PESB)
Company FBR Certificate / Company Annual accounts
Company Bank Statement (1 Year)
Company Account Maintenance Certificate
Letters from Company:
-Authority to take decisions
-Authority to establish and operate sole rep office in uk
-Confirmation that sole rep office will only involve in same business activities
-Letter to confirm that I will not invloce in any business and will only serve full time for the company
-Letter to confirm that I am full time employed by the company and The company will pay me 30k per annum plus all branch establishment, operational and other running costs.

If anything else is missing then please notify me about that. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a million times mate.

World Traveller
Newly Registered

Post by World Traveller » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:48 am

In my opinion, you seem to have gathered a solid set of documents. Again, I did my process years ago so certain things may have changed but based on what I saw while taking a quick look at the Home Office website yesterday, you’re in a good position.

You are right. The description and requirements related to applying for a Sole Representative visa are more flexible than other categories and in many ways the Home Office fails to mention specific amounts but from my perspective the figures you are showing are reasonable. Sometimes besides showing the balance in your checking account it may be helpful to show a statement for your savings/investment account (if you hold one) just to reinforce the fact that you are able to support yourself financially.

Good luck again.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:10 am

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions. If any other question arises in my mind, i will post it here and i hope to get you opinion on it.

God bless you in every aspect of your life for guiding me. Thanks

World Traveller
Newly Registered

Post by World Traveller » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:41 am

No problem. I wish you luck. Thanks for the kind words.

sadiqchamdia
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sadiqchamdia » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi,
I am also looking to apply for the it. Please dont forget to update the good news here :)
Best of luck 👍🏻

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:06 pm

Application is under process at shieffield office, Uk. After 15 working days i received following email. Sharing the relevant part below:

"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible."

Seems like it will take another 2 months in processing.

Aaqib
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aaqib » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:54 pm

I'm also planning on applying for this visa. Did you submit a business plan alongside your cover letter? It could be one of the reasons for the delay if you didn't.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:03 pm

Yes. A comprehensive business plan was attached :wink:

Aaqib
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aaqib » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Excellent. Please do keep us posted on the updates

sadiqchamdia
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sadiqchamdia » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:23 pm

any good news?

shuja38
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shuja38 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 am

irfan your help will be required. my whatsapp is mobile number removed by moderator.. do contact me and update us about your process

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:33 am

shuja38 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 am
irfan your help will be required. my whatsapp is mobile number removed by moderator.. do contact me and update us about your process
I suggest you read the forum rules, all of them, as you were required to do when you joined the forum. Members are not permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum!! Everyone here is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers visiting the forum daily!!

If you have questions about an application for yourself, start your own topic and post your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:09 am

Two months 10 days of processing and now being called for a telephonic interview.
If anyone have any clue what sort of interview it can be? a formal one or brief interview?

imranmuha
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by imranmuha » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Most probably they might ask the following question, please do not consider only these, you also have to ask your solicitor for professional advice.

- They would ask about your business nature and question-related to that, to check either you know about your business or not, which you mentioned in your business plan.
- Some questions maybe link to the provided business plan.
- Maybe a question about your personal financial statement you provided.
- If you visit the UK earlier maybe they ask you about business and the environment in the UK.
- If you are a partner of your current business and not more than 50% or less shares
- They might ask about your company financial status according to the provided bank statement
- The investment you would like to inject in your company future UK branch

Also, contact your solicitor for professional advice.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:46 am

Thanks Imran for your reply. I dont have any solicitor. We have prepared case by ourself. The complete business plan is written by me with some inputs from the CEO and Finance Department. So I am technically ready to answer all the questions.

I dont own any share in the company and thats what their policy says. One should have less then 50% or no shares in the company. About the company financial situation in PAkistan I can answer general questions like annual turnover, salaries budget but not in depth as I am not the owner of the company, I am a senior level employee there. These questions should be exclusively asked to the Company i think.

I have recently lived in the UK for 8 years on HSMP and Tier1 Visa which was granted to me on IT basis. I have worked for 2 UK companies and Have made projects that are still online and doing very well in the UK. I am aware about the company, vat & other IT Company licenses registrations.

Thanks again for your reply. Lets see how it goes. I will post back after the interview.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:30 am

Interview done. It lasted 1 hour and 16 minutes. It was a comprehensive interview covering business plan, previous travel, financials, shares in the company and almost everything.

Now waiting for the outcome. ✌

imranmuha
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by imranmuha » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Good to know... wish you best of luck

Keep posting...

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:13 pm

Thank you so much. I will keep u guys posted so that it can help other professionals out there to have an idea about the process as there is not much information on the internet with regards to the Sole Rep Visa

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:57 am

Alhamdulilah. Got the Visa today after 48 hours of the interview.

imranmuha
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by imranmuha » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:49 pm

Congratulations

imranmuha
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by imranmuha » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:52 pm

A quick Question did you attested all your document from Notary?