ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lznpde
Newly Registered
Mood:

How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?

Post by lznpde » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:53 pm

A relative has just had their visitor visa refused, usual standard fare. I had offered to sponsor the trip entirely.
You have sought a visa to visit your relatives, and you have stated that they will pay the costs of your trip, however it is the intentions of the application which are paramount in assessing your application.

Given that you have stated that this trip will cost £1500, this is far in excess of your disposable income. I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that the proposed expenditure on this trip to the UK is proportionate to your current financial circumstances, and that leads me to doubt that you are seeking entry only for the purpose and duration stated blah blah blah.
I was a little confused as to why they would expect the visitor to have a disposable income to cover the trip when I have mentioned in the sponsor cover letter that I will cover all costs of the trip. (I have also sponsored other trips successfully where there was no income at all!)

However, I did notice that we filled in a value of £1500 into the 'How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?'
Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 21.39.44.png
Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 21.39.44.png (33.1 KiB) Viewed 8777 times
Should we have filled in a zero here I wonder? Is it worth reapplying with a cover note - essentially the application would be the same apart from this value though.

I do get the feeling that this might have been an automated refusal, or a case of 'computer says no' when considering the evidence we gave though...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

lznpde
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?

Post by lznpde » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:55 pm

How much money are you planning to spend *from your own funds* on your visit to the UK? (Required)

Can't help but think that adding *from your own funds* would help clear up the question - if this is actually what they're trying to ask.

livlivuk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by livlivuk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:05 am

I had exactly the same issue and I am so furious at them. I don't understand how they cannot read all the ther supporting documents and sponsorship form which clearly states that the sponsor will meet the entire cost. I am reapplying for my Mum and I tried to put zero in how much the trip will cost her but it does not let you so I have out £10 :-). I have not submitted yet. I hope yours goes well too.

rosina90

Post by rosina90 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:43 am

I did the same thing. I put I think $10. I had a cover letter explaining my mother's purpose of visit and that she has no income because she is a housewife. And a Letter of Sponsorship stating that I am sponsoring my mother financially, accommodation, flights, food, etc. I showed 3 months of bank statements, payslips and letter of employment. Don't forget to include Itinerary details.

lznpde
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by lznpde » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:12 pm

Reapplied essentially only changing that detail. Refusal came through citing different reasons this time. Sigh!

lznpde
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by lznpde » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:58 pm

ECM overturned the decision after I complained about several errors on the refusal letter. I'm not sure which channel of complaint led to the decision being overturned.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:02 pm

rosina90 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:43 am
I did the same thing. I put I think $10. I had a cover letter explaining my mother's purpose of visit and that she has no income because she is a housewife. And a Letter of Sponsorship stating that I am sponsoring my mother financially, accommodation, flights, food, etc. I showed 3 months of bank statements, payslips and letter of employment. Don't forget to include Itinerary details.
I'm wondering what to put for this question as well. Applying for mother in laws visa and I will be paying for all expenses.
Was your application successful after putting in £10?
Thanks

rosina90

Post by rosina90 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Yes the application was successful. This was her 3rd visa.