ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Holder - Voters Roll

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

BRP Holder - Voters Roll

Post by FXR_1340 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:57 pm

My American wife is in UK on a Spouse visa. She arrived in June 2018. She holds a BRP.

I have just received a "who is eligible to vote" form.

My question is therefore should I enter my wifes name as residing at our address? Is she eligible to vote?

Grateful for any advice

TIA

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BRP Holder - Voters Roll

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:13 pm

This should help:
https://www.gov.uk/elections-in-the-uk

If she is a US citizen I don't think she can vote - though the local authority electoral services section should be able to advise/confirm. It may be that she can be included in the electoral roll which is useful for financial purposes but flagged as not allowed to vote.
Last edited by alterhase58 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:14 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Post by FXR_1340 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Thanks for the replies. They simply confirmed what I thought.

Someone who pays their taxes yet is not permitted to vote on which Party may spend them.

Thats democracy for you.....maybe the Continentals were right "no taxation without representation"😂