ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa application for Mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Prisha
Mood:
India

Visitor visa application for Mother

Post by Prisha » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi all,

I want to invite my mother in November. She has visted us last year in June. So while applying her visitor visa I have few doubs. Last year I was not working so my husband who was permanent employee sponsered her visa. As my mother is a housewife we showed that my father and my husband will bourne all expenses. But this year my husband moved to contracting and I am working as permanent employee. So I want to sponser my mother's visa.

So I will attached my eployment letter, pay slips, bank statements. I have maintained sufficient balance in my account. but still on safer side I want to mentioned that my husband will also financialy support her. So in his case does his bank statements where he has some savings will be sufficient or do we need to attach other documents as well to prove the souce of income like employment details, his registered comapny docs?

Also what is the ideal duraion for stay in uk to mentioned in application for. example last year we mentioned 3.5 months but she stayed here 5 months. This year we want her to stay for 4 months so shall we mentioned honestly 4 months, will this affect getting visa? or will they notice last time mentioned 3.5 months and stayed 5 months so will they make this as reason for visa rejection?

Also do I need any letter from my father stating she is financilly depend on them? last year we did not attach anything like that just showed my fathers employment details, pay slips and their joint bank account statements.

Please help me regardung these doubts. Thanks in advance

CarlH88
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor visa application for Mother

Post by CarlH88 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Probably worth one of the experts confirming but I think your mother will be refused.
I have read this in numerous threads.

The home office will not take kindly to someone staying 1.5 months longer than you said she would. The minimum visit visa is for 6 months but if you ask for 3.5 months, it doesn’t mean you can stay longer than the 3.5 months.

Good luck, but I’d be very surprised if this is accepted.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:13 pm

But what is the issue staying longer than stated in application as long as it was within the valid visa period available. She went back before the expiry of her tourist visa.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:20 pm

I have seen many of my friends parents visited more that 3 times in past few years, everytime they stayed full 6 months. I remember they never mentioned 6 months stay in their application. their visa never got rejected. So why will it happen in my mother's case?

CarlH88
Newly Registered

Post by CarlH88 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:32 pm

Here is a thread which is about a refusal in exactly the same circumstances...

general-uk-immigration-forum/visit-visa ... 14152.html

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 pm

It is best to be honest with ECO so mention she will be staying for 4 months.

There are instances where applications are refused on the ground of staying longer than in stated application. If this happens then you will need to provide an explanation of why she stayed longer but until then apply as normal.

If you both are sponsoring then best to include his company document, company tax return, business bank statement, personal bank statement, Self Assessment etc but if you are only sponsoring then no need unless the savings is joint name.

Also, do include a letter from your father to be on the safe side as the account is in joint names.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Prisha wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:13 pm
But what is the issue staying longer than stated in application as long as it was within the valid visa period available. She went back before the expiry of her tourist visa.

Hi,
One of my friend asked the same question when his parents stayed longer than stated. He got the reply in visa rejection when he applied 2nd time.
Just pray that u get good ECO with soft heart. When u don't keep your words first time, how can someone believe u on 2nd time?

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:19 pm

CarlH88 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:32 pm
Here is a thread which is about a refusal in exactly the same circumstances...

general-uk-immigration-forum/visit-visa ... 14152.html

Read this thread. I see the reasons provided by hq in above case are clearly different in my case. My mother have her family (my father and my siblings) back in india which will be her main reason to go back. Also as father is working she has steady source of income through him which they save in their joint account and they have some joint savings.
So we have strong evidences to provide her family ties. So I dont think this thread is good example for me. But anyway thanks for help

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Singh_harv wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 pm

If you both are sponsoring then best to include his company document, company tax return, business bank statement, personal bank statement, Self Assessment etc but if you are only sponsoring then no need unless the savings is joint name.

Also, do include a letter from your father to be on the safe side as the account is in joint names.
Thanks for the reply and helping to clear my doubt. Just a small question how much minimum we need to show we have if we arw sponsoring for 4 months? Is there any basic amount they consider as
Monthly or weekly expense?

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:55 am

Hi I have booked an appointment for my mother on 30th September at Mumbai.
But I am not able to download the docmument checklist. What should we do for that. It seems like document checklist is one of the mandetory documnet. But Gov.uk showing the message they are fixing this problem. and if we are facing it then we should download application form and go to documnet sectoion. But it is not possible to go back yo documnet section once application is submitted and appointment has been booked.

Can anyone please let me know wht should I do now? will it be ok to go without document checklist. We have not uploaded any documnets through VFS site so my mother will be carrying all the supporting documents with her. but what should be done for document checklist?

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:11 pm

I am sure it will be fixed by 30th sept. If not then print a copy of your application form and error message you are getting and take it along with rest of your documents.

I have been told that only chandigarh vfs required document checklist not other centres. So your mother should be okay.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:35 pm

Thank you Singh_harv.

Website issue has been fixed. Can download the checklist. Just checked now.
Thanks for all your help.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi,
I have just realised that I have made one mistake in the application.
For the question how much money will they spend (means I as sponsor)I have written x amount which I have from last month in my account. But now my recent statement shows bit less hardly 100 pounds less than the total amount I said I will spend. Will it be a worry?

Should I cancel the appointment and application and fill new one? Will I get refund.

All the documents on my mother’s side are ok. Her bank statement everything reflecting all her saving as per mentioned in application form it the numbers that are not matching at my end.

Please please revert with some solution. I want to target same 30th September date for new appointment if I cancel this application and fill new one.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi can anyone please reply its really urgent.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Normally that question is for applicant not for sponsor.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 pm

For sponsor they ask will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit.

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by codswallop » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:47 am

Slightly off topic and apologie OP...Do you have to be a British citizen or on ILR to apply for a family member to visit - is it ok for someone who is here on a temporary visa (FLR M) visa to apply or will the application be rejected? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:02 am

codswallop wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:47 am
Slightly off topic and apologie OP...Do you have to be a British citizen or on ILR to apply for a family member to visit - is it ok for someone who is here on a temporary visa (FLR M) visa to apply or will the application be rejected? Thanks.
Please ask your questions in your own topic!!!

See point 12 in the Forum Rules FAQs link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

codswallop
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by codswallop » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:15 am

So sorry @CR001

Still learning the ropes!

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:10 pm

A quick update!!

My mother's Visa application has been successful. Got visa for 6 months.
Thanks for all who helped me solve my doubts, specially Singh_harv.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Great news. Congrats @prisha

HTM
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HTM » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Congratulations on receiving visa for your mother!

Can I check if you included explanation in your visa application why your mother stayed for a longer period than stated in her last application? I am in a similar situation so will be grateful to get a steer on this.

Also if you can share useful info regarding documents you sent to Home Office that'll be great.

Many thanks.