ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New statement of changes to the Immigration Rules released

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinny

New statement of changes to the Immigration Rules released

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:15 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pushp
Newly Registered
India

Re: New statement of changes to the Immigration Rules released

Post by pushp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Hello,

I have finished 11 years in UK but spent more than 540 days outside hence was waiting to pass the days until my time in to extends and the holidays I had taken will go behind 10 year peried - to apply for ILR

which according to my holidays will be next year - if I didnt travel outside UK this year.

but with these new changes released on 9 sep 2019 - will I be able to apply for ILR immidiately as from the news it seems that I can justify my days outside if they were for illness or research purpose.

could you please provide detals of which excuases are allowed and where can I find them in that document - for my clearity to find out if I fit within new rules now or not yet and have to wait for another year.

also where can I find the original file to which these new changes are applicable ? as the document doesent seem clear without whole text of original rules.

or if there is any document online which explains which excuses can justify staying over 540 days- that will be great.

Thank you so much in advance.