ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years Illegal immigrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post by 2347526 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Thank you all very much for your advice and support. I do not know what to do, I really do not know what to do. :cry:

jayc
Newly Registered

Post by jayc » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:23 pm

u will get it in Jan,2010 or thereabout . U will received letter to comfirm few items soon.

Wright
Newly Registered

Post by Wright » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:15 pm

2347526 wrote:Thank you all very much for your advice and support. I do not know what to do, I really do not know what to do. :cry:
You need to dig deep. Deep within you there is enough resources and stregth to carry you through. You have been waiting for ages. Make yourself busy and participate in church and charities activities. Don't stay at home thinking about it all the time.
Last edited by Wright on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

**20 months**

Post by 2347526 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Monthly update on the progress of my application.

1. It has been 20 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

2. No correspondence received from the HO.

3. I keep myself busy by reading a lot of books. I read to increase my knowledge in subjects that interest me. But I cannot ignore the fact that my in-laws want an answer by the end of the month on the progress of my case otherwise they will end my engagement of nearly 6 years. If I can get a letter just to tell me that I will get a decision on a month, two months etc, to send to them, will help me to save my marriage. They will not accept the standard reply of July 2011. I have 12 days left to see the outcome of my marriage. I will give anything, pay anything to save my marriage. I am that desperate.

Post by 2347526 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:36 pm

jayc wrote:u will get it in Jan,2010 or thereabout . U will received letter to comfirm few items soon.
Hi jayc

When will I get this response. Will I get it this week as I have to answer to others for my responsibility. Please do not take my actions as a sign of rudeness or being ungrateful but I have to answer to others otherwise my marriage will be ended. I thank you for any information that you will provide. Thank you very much.

Post by 2347526 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:38 pm

***comments withdrawn***

Post by 2347526 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by 2347526 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am

***comments withdrawn***
Last edited by 2347526 on Sun May 30, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wright
Newly Registered

Post by Wright » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:06 am

Sorry to hear about that. But in life you got to do your best and then be content with that.

The only things you can control in life is your emotion response to situation. Sometimes you can't control what other people believe even your fiance and relatives.

So you got to be pragmatic may be you would have done the same if you were in your fiance position.

Try to read about other people who have been in worse situation and how the deal with their lot. There are people who have been wronged accused and served so many years in jail. While in jail there loved ones died and most of their friend abandon them but somehow they keep going.

Others they were actually executed but until the end keep their dignity and sense of pespective. Example are some prisoners of war in hitler camps and people like Nelson Mandela.

So it is not the end of the world. Things will get better nothing last forever. got to be strong for your own sake. At least you will proud that you didn't left the system crush you spirit.

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:01 pm

I can only share my experiences:

My parents were over stayers in this country for nearly 25 years and we applied for ILR under the 14 year rule as a family (I was born here).

It took 3 years for a response from the Home Office (HO), which was a rejection of our application.

We appealed this in July 2008 and by November my dad had received his ILR, but myself and my mother were rejected (we applied as his dependents)and told to apply separately .

(Stupidly my Solicitor told me to apply for ILR, instead of British Citizenship - which I wasn't aware of as being an option at that point in time). Our applications were sent off April 2009 and it wasn't until a few days ago when we've received our ILR.

Application wise it has taken 9 months for this to be over for me. Time wise (from me being finished with my college education and being stuck at home since) it has been 18 months.

For my mother it has been over 40 months since the original application.

I strongly believe that it was our letters to our local MP that aided us in receiving our ILR.

We'd go through a period of 5+ months with no response from the HO until we sent letters to our local MP (who then contacted Phil Woolas on out behalf).

On two occasions of doing this we'd receive a reply from the HO within a week.

The first occasion we were given a questionnaire to complete (like with jko).

The second occasion we received our ILR.

Maintain contact with your local MP and stress the point that you've been waiting for an exceptionally long time and are struggling to cope.

Perhaps what I've said has already been mentioned/done but I can only provide you with my experience.

I've read your thread on multiple occasions during the last couple or so months and feel very angry on your behalf. DON'T GIVE UP!

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 pm

It all depends on your MP.
When I contacted mine due to a refusal, my reply was to contact an immigration lawyer.

My MP who I went to for help was no help at all.

Every case is judged on its own merits

sajidzaidi

I am amazed

Post by sajidzaidi » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 pm

I am amazed to see your battle. Really amazed

groispois
Newly Registered

14 years ILR

Post by groispois » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:36 am

2347526,I been reading your story and I must say you are very strong.My friend is going through the same thing as you.She applied for her ILR under the the 14 years rule in May 2008.She received her acknowledgement letter in August 2008 after she had to call them herself for the letter and was told that her passport is in newcastle and that it will be pass to a case worker.In January 2009 she went to see her MP who wrote to the UKBA.She received a reply from her MP in February 2009 stating that her case is at Liverpool and a that her case is assign to a team leader MR xxxx in department 9 and that the latest she should receive a decision is July 2010.Then in August she wrote to the UKBA and she received a reply from them in October 2009 saying that her Liverpool case unit has had an implementation and that the latest she should receive a decision is on March 2010.Her Solicitor wrote a letter in September 2009 and on 27th November 2009,she received a METHOD OF ENTRY QUESTIONAIRE which she had to fill and was asked by UKBA to send her recent passport photos and P60 if she was working.She was told to reply within 28 days and if possible within 14 days which she did within 14 days.Since then she hasnt heard anything from the UKBA.I know a chap on this forum who applied under same rule in October 2008 and was sent a MEHOD OF ENTRY QUESTIONAIRE in middle of November 2009.His Ilr was granted on the 7th of December 2009 and he received his passport on the 13th of February this year.It seems like UKBA is taking 3 months to reply to any individuals who applied for ILR under 14 years.This is the ful story so far and if any news I let youu know.Some people has been unhelpful in this forum once they received their ILR which I think is selfish.I keep you inform,goodluck hope you get ASAP.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Re: 14 years ILR

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 pm

groispois wrote:iSome people has been unhelpful in this forum once they received their ILR which I think is selfish..
I understand your frustration but I think that statement is a little harsh. I've been reading your posts because I am in the same situation as your friend and I personally think that people have been very helpful and supportive. Once you get your ILR that's it, there no other information to depart with apart from "hurrah I've got my ILR". They don't know what happen for it to suddenly be granted or when your friend can expect to receive a reply.

I, like your friend and others like us, will sit here and wait until the door bell rings and it's the postman with a letter from the UKBA with my decision. Until then I don't think I will get any correspondence what-so-ever from UKBA and I think all the other 14 year applicants are in the same situation. All we can do is support each other.

My advice for your friend is to contact an immigration solicitor or try her MP again. It's frustration, depressing and all the negative emotions in the world if anyone on this board could change that I think they would :cry:

**26 months**

Post by 2347526 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Update on the progress of my application.

1. It has been 26 months now since I forwarded my ILR application.

2. No correspondence received from the HO.

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Mon May 31, 2010 2:04 am

this is the most depressing case. See if you can bring this up in media without putting in your name. this is really too wiered

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:32 pm

sajidzaidi wrote:this is the most depressing case. See if you can bring this up in media without putting in your name. this is really too wiered
I agree, depressing and also bizarre.

Time to contact your MP and insist they raise this case with the parliamentary ombusman. The others that were in the same situation as you received news a long time ago. New 14 year applicants have heard within 8-9 months. Something is not right here at all. Have you heard anything at all from UKBA since submitting your application?

Post by 2347526 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:42 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote: I agree, depressing and also bizarre.
True. As I have no control over the HO decision making process, all I can do is wait for the decision/outcome in this limited time. I have tried everything and everything I have tried. I have decided to take it as it comes. Thank you for your support.

cope2
Newly Registered

Post by cope2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:06 pm

2347526 wrote:
kiwigirl25 wrote: I agree, depressing and also bizarre.
True. As I have no control over the HO decision making process, all I can do is wait for the decision/outcome in this limited time. I have tried everything and everything I have tried. I have decided to take it as it comes. Thank you for your support.
i would have left a long time ago. this country is going down the toilet real quick.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 pm

You have been here for 14 years and know how to survive for sure.Why on earth you are thinking of it and get worried?The best advice would be to enjoy every day of life, may be one day you will get a surprise of a lifetime in the morning by post which you dreamt for 8) Stop visiting this forum as it would be more depressing for you.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:27 am

Blackwater1 wrote:You have been here for 14 years and know how to survive for sure.Why on earth you are thinking of it and get worried?The best advice would be to enjoy every day of life, may be one day you will get a surprise of a lifetime in the morning by post which you dreamt for 8) Stop visiting this forum as it would be more depressing for you.
I don't know what the history of the original poster but 2 years ago they declared their status to UKBA and surrendered their passport. By doing this they can't work illegally or legally or even do volunteer work and can't do most things that require identification, which in this Big Brother country is a lot. Up to that point they may have been working illegally therefore had income but now that income source has stopped. Now if this person hadn't applied for their ILR and was still continuing with their illegal status I would say, "serves them right" but they've done the right thing by declaring themselves to UKBA and in return they've been given a 2 year sentence. Even criminals don't get that long plus prisioners get an allowance when they're locked up. Could you deal with that? Can you honestly say that waiting this long in limbo would not effect your mental and physical health? Then again I agree with your point about survival they've done it for at least 2 years so they are coping some how. I couldn't survive that long without an income source, I would have admitted defeat and gone elsewhere :lol:.

I also agree with your point that this poster should be making the most of life instead of coming here and getting depressed. But maybe that's why they are here, because they are depressed and need support. No-one can go through this for so long without having dark days. Even the legal ILR applicants get depressed about their waiting times but I don't see you or anyone else telling them to get a life.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi kiwi,
14 years in one's life is a LONG period,If someone is able to pass that then that person must be having nerves of steel.I don't think couple of years would make any difference but OP has found this forum as a place to share his emotions and that's the mistake he is making.Sometimes it is better to suffer the pain alone rather than sharing with others.Because we will show sympathy towards him over here but none of us will/can help him personally.He has to understand this or emotions expressed over here towards him(which are useless practically)will break him.He has to kill time anyhow,anyway.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Blackwater1 wrote:Hi kiwi,
14 years in one's life is a LONG period,If someone is able to pass that then that person must be having nerves of steel.I don't think couple of years would make any difference but OP has found this forum as a place to share his emotions and that's the mistake he is making.Sometimes it is better to suffer the pain alone rather than sharing with others.Because we will show sympathy towards him over here but none of us will/can help him personally.He has to understand this or emotions expressed over here towards him(which are useless practically)will break him.He has to kill time anyhow,anyway.
Hi BW

I understand your point and agree but disagree slightly. I believe in whatever suits the individual. Personally I'm wary of sharing my emotions on a forum like this and regret the moments of weakness in which I do. It leaves you open to attack and makes the situation worse.

But I would like to think this poster gets the comfort he needs from this forum otherwise they wouldn't keep on coming back :D I wouldn't like to think he thinks he will get an answer to all his problems here :?

ejw4h9

Post by ejw4h9 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:41 pm

All immigration talk aside, whether it be legal or illegal, I feel for the OP. It's hard and he's stuck it out. He's clearly an intelligent person based on his postings but it's hell to live in no-man's land.

@2347526: It's hard living as an immigrant, let alone that long. If you want to talk to someone who's been through a similar, albeit it far far shorter and legal experience, shoot me a PM. Good luck.

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:40 am

I empathise and sympathise with the OP.It is depressing to stay in a foreign country as an illegal immigrant for 14 good years. If one can subject himself to such mental torture then that person deserves our help on this forum. These are the people I call dark heroes,what I mean is that such people will do all sort of jobs to survive, they will be exploited by unscrupulous employers,they cannot even go to hospitals when sick for fear of being identified as illegal immigrant. But there is one thing that I believe in is that God is not like human beings and through His mercy caters for all . As the old adage goes, man proposes but God disposes. This guy will survive all the troubles he is going through,come again to share your emotions with us ,do not suffer in silence because problem shared is problem solved.