ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK VISIT VISA REFUSED

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leo55
Mood:

UK VISIT VISA REFUSED

Post by leo55 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Dear senior members,

Need your help.

My father applied for visit visa to visit me in this month. However, ECO has rejected his application on the basis of the following reasons.

“ I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 (a) (c) of Appendix V because

1. I recognise that family visit are important, I must consider the information regarding your sponsor’s support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules I must assess your own personal and financial circumstances.

2. You state that you are planning on travelling to the UK to visit your son who states that he has been settled in the UK for over 10 years. Whilst I am aware that you were previously refused an entry clearance visa in 2010 to visit him. You have chosen to provide no further documents to demonstrate that he has been to visit you or that you have subsisting relationship.

3. You stat that you are self-employed as a sole proprietor of a business and to support this you have provided self-written employment letter, self-assessed tax documents and a copy of a business bank statement. I note that you have provided no further documents that your income is as claimed on your application form.

4. The business bank statement you have provided represents funds used for the activities and running of the business and you have not demonstrated that these funds are available to support anything else. Furthermore, these funds do not necessarily reflect an individual’s personal financial circumstances, even if that individual is the sole owner of the company. I am not satisfied, therefore, that this bank statement accurately reflects your personal circumstances, neither am I satisfied that the indicated funds will be available for your exclusive use. Paragraph V4.2 (a) (c)”

Please see my claim to above reasons.

Answer to reason number 2. My father provided my passports first and 2nd page and recent family registration certificate issued by Nadra Pakistan in November 2019 to proof the relationship. Was it not enough? Also I did visit Pakistan three times back in 2014 and 2015.

Answer to reason number 3. My father provided following documents in support of his self employement.

• NTN certificate,

• Registration with Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Pakistan,

• Registration with Punjab Revenue Authority (PRA) Pakistan.

• Memberships certificates with Chamber of Commerce

• Business Bank statement for last one year

• Individual FBR annual tax return and wealth statement for 2018-19 shows Net income

• Tax deduction certificate for 2018-19 issued by the company my father provide contracting services

• Purchase orders issued by the companies and the cheques received from the companies. Amount of these cheques reflect on the Business bank statements.

• Employees sheets for last four months, Employees pensions and social security payments receipts for last five months.

Are the above documents not enough to show business

Annual tax and wealth return clearly shows the net income for 2018-19 and this was mentioned on the application form. Was it not enough to proof the income?

Answer to reason number 4.My father is sole owner of the business and did mention in the cover letter that funds showing in the business bank account is solely available to him. His business is service based and don’t have any direct cost except employees. He did not provide any personal statement and submitted only business bank statement which had enough money to cover the UK trip cost. Usually self employed persons don’t have separate personal account and consider the money available in the business account as their own money for personal use after all the business expenses.

Please provide your feedback particularly on the reasons number 4 that if individual owner of the self employed business can use the funds for personal use? If yes how would we justify?

Also the immigration rules paragraph V4.2 states that

Genuine intention to visit
V 4.2 The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor. This means that the applicant:
(a) will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
(b) will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home; and
(c) is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes (these are listed in Appendices 3, 4 and 5); and
(d) will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in V 4.5 – V 4.10; and
(e) must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment.

ECO rejected the application based on the immigration rules section V4.2 (a) (c)

Not sure if the reasons given by ECO justify these section (a) and (c).

I am thinking about sending pre action protocol (PAP) letter with above justifications.

Keeping in view of my answers, do you think I have strong points to overturn the ECO decision?

Looking forward for your feedback.

leo55
Mood:

Re: UK VISIT VISA REFUSED

Post by leo55 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Need your suggestions on reasons pointed by ECO.

Please share your thoughts please

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:53 am

In my opinion you will need to show a letter from chartered accountant stating what profit the business made and what amount is available for your father in business for his personal use.

Also try get a balance sheet from chartered accountant.

But also attach a personal account.

Please find below sample chartered accountant letter:

We act for as accountants and tax advisors for (Company )and its Sole Proprietor, Mr. ...,

I write to confirm that Mr. has been trading for more than 25 years and is the Sole proprietor of Company. He has Capital Investment as on 31.03.2019 Rs. 17.23 Lakh in the company.

We have prepared Income Tax Return and Company Balance Sheet to March 2019 (01.04.2018 to 31.03.2019). The company has made net profit of (Amount)for the Year 2018-2019. Mr...,,,has withdrawn 95,000 from these profits and the remaining 1,94,360 is available for him to use personally from his business account. In year 2018-2019, he also has agriculture income of (Amount) which is reflected on the Income Tax Return.

I hereby confirm the authentication of accounts submitted. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 am

Also, you need a detailed cover letter.

Mention what amount is available & in which account.

For visits, try attach your air tickets to show that you have been visiting him.

hafizent
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hafizent » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:50 pm

leo55 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:28 pm
Dear senior members,

Need your help.

My father applied for visit visa to visit me in this month. However, ECO has rejected his application on the basis of the following reasons.

“ I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 (a) (c) of Appendix V because

1. I recognise that family visit are important, I must consider the information regarding your sponsor’s support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules I must assess your own personal and financial circumstances.

2. You state that you are planning on travelling to the UK to visit your son who states that he has been settled in the UK for over 10 years. Whilst I am aware that you were previously refused an entry clearance visa in 2010 to visit him. You have chosen to provide no further documents to demonstrate that he has been to visit you or that you have subsisting relationship.

3. You stat that you are self-employed as a sole proprietor of a business and to support this you have provided self-written employment letter, self-assessed tax documents and a copy of a business bank statement. I note that you have provided no further documents that your income is as claimed on your application form.

4. The business bank statement you have provided represents funds used for the activities and running of the business and you have not demonstrated that these funds are available to support anything else. Furthermore, these funds do not necessarily reflect an individual’s personal financial circumstances, even if that individual is the sole owner of the company. I am not satisfied, therefore, that this bank statement accurately reflects your personal circumstances, neither am I satisfied that the indicated funds will be available for your exclusive use. Paragraph V4.2 (a) (c)”

Please see my claim to above reasons.

Answer to reason number 2. My father provided my passports first and 2nd page and recent family registration certificate issued by Nadra Pakistan in November 2019 to proof the relationship. Was it not enough? Also I did visit Pakistan three times back in 2014 and 2015.

Answer to reason number 3. My father provided following documents in support of his self employement.

• NTN certificate,

• Registration with Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Pakistan,

• Registration with Punjab Revenue Authority (PRA) Pakistan.

• Memberships certificates with Chamber of Commerce

• Business Bank statement for last one year

• Individual FBR annual tax return and wealth statement for 2018-19 shows Net income

• Tax deduction certificate for 2018-19 issued by the company my father provide contracting services

• Purchase orders issued by the companies and the cheques received from the companies. Amount of these cheques reflect on the Business bank statements.

• Employees sheets for last four months, Employees pensions and social security payments receipts for last five months.

Are the above documents not enough to show business

Annual tax and wealth return clearly shows the net income for 2018-19 and this was mentioned on the application form. Was it not enough to proof the income?

Answer to reason number 4.My father is sole owner of the business and did mention in the cover letter that funds showing in the business bank account is solely available to him. His business is service based and don’t have any direct cost except employees. He did not provide any personal statement and submitted only business bank statement which had enough money to cover the UK trip cost. Usually self employed persons don’t have separate personal account and consider the money available in the business account as their own money for personal use after all the business expenses.

Please provide your feedback particularly on the reasons number 4 that if individual owner of the self employed business can use the funds for personal use? If yes how would we justify?

Also the immigration rules paragraph V4.2 states that

Genuine intention to visit
V 4.2 The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor. This means that the applicant:
(a) will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
(b) will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home; and
(c) is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes (these are listed in Appendices 3, 4 and 5); and
(d) will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in V 4.5 – V 4.10; and
(e) must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment.

ECO rejected the application based on the immigration rules section V4.2 (a) (c)

Not sure if the reasons given by ECO justify these section (a) and (c).

I am thinking about sending pre action protocol (PAP) letter with above justifications.

Keeping in view of my answers, do you think I have strong points to overturn the ECO decision?

Looking forward for your feedback.
sir do you wrote pap letter? if yes what out come pls inform because i am same facing same problem