ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP Denied boarding

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Songupsorn
Newly Registered

Lost BRP but travelling soon

Post by Songupsorn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:30 pm

So I recently lost my BRP and I’m travelling very soon on the 3rd of December. I have somewhat a complex situation. First you might want to know I’m a Thai National holding Thai passport alright and is travelling with a family member to Dubai who’s visa was already accepted while I’m waiting on mine.

I’ve lost my BRP and have reported it to home office now it is cancelled and invalid for use. I’m travelling to Dubai and had to make a visa which was where I had to give my photo of proof of residence visa so I used my already cancelled BRP. Stupid yes. I have other document like bank statement to show my address but I wasn’t asked to give it. Now I’m waiting for a decision on this still. This is the first issue

Secondly, even if i was approved for a visa to enter but will I be able to board the flight without a BRP from UK to Dubai? I read somewhere that I can leave the UK without BRP but upon entering I will need my BRP. I need confirmation.
I have also read that I can get a “Single Entry Replacement Visa” outside the UK but not within the UK. Is that correct?

Because if I do happen to make it out of the UK, I don’t want to face immigration problem when entering or be held for extra week waiting for my single entry replacement visa.

I need urgent help pls thank you 🙏

Songupsorn
Newly Registered

Re: Lost BRP but travelling soon

Post by Songupsorn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 pm

I was also meant to ask, do Emirates Airline check BRP before boarding?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:39 am

Songupsorn wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 pm
I was also meant to ask, do Emirates Airline check BRP before boarding?
Yes. You can leave the UK without a BRP but they will certainly refuse to board a non-visa national on a flight to UK without a valid visa/BRP. You may have to apply for a replacement BRP visa outside the UK. Please remember that this could take several weeks so be very careful if you are applying for that anywhere other than your home country as you may not even get a long enough visa in a third country (like UAE) which can complicate your situation even further :!:
You cannot apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK. Instead, you’ll need to apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’, which lets you re-enter the UK once only. It costs £154.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Songupsorn
Newly Registered

Post by Songupsorn » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:29 am

So I’ve already reported AND I’ve also apply for a replacement, but haven't book an appointment. If I apply for a single entry replacement visa while in dubai, will this automatically cancel my application in the U.K.?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Songupsorn wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:29 am
So I’ve already reported AND I’ve also apply for a replacement, but haven't book an appointment. If I apply for a single entry replacement visa while in dubai, will this automatically cancel my application in the U.K.?
A BRP replacement can take several months in the UK. Also I do not believe your single entry replacement visa application will have any influence on your current BRP application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Songupsorn
Newly Registered

Post by Songupsorn » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Thank you so much for your help but I do have more questions. I want to try booking an appointment by this Sunday the 24th at Croydon, would this be very risky? Bear in mind I’m travelling on the 3rd December. They will take all my documents including my passport too and I can’t have that. I know you said that BRP RC could take a month but I’ve been googling around about BRP RC processing time. Some said that applying online will be a faster process(I would get my BRP in 5-10 days??) compared to filling out paper form and send it off. If I’m not misunderstand

Thank you!!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:57 am

There is no paper form. It is all done online now. Also no original document is taken from you as all your documents are scanned now. BRP replacement may take around 6 months :!:

Songupsorn
Newly Registered

Post by Songupsorn » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Thank you for your help!! I really appreciate it I have all my questions answered thank You thank you! I went to my appointment today so hope for the best. I’ll call home office once again

Catchprashant007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Catchprashant007 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:58 pm

@songupson....Have u recieved your BRP ....I am in similar situation.... lost BRP on 11th, submitted application on 13th nov, biometric on 14th nov,
Approval on 14th nov for super priority....awaiting on my BRP ....need to go on 5th dec for my marriage.

Any suggestions!!

Songupsorn
Newly Registered

Post by Songupsorn » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:38 pm

if you went for super priority service and is approved, I believe u should get your card in 7-10 working days. So it’s been what 7 working Days already. As for myself, I’ve not receive anything yet. The only thing I was notified was tht my application has been sent off which is also the same day when I went for the appointment.

Songupsorn
Newly Registered

Post by Songupsorn » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:47 pm

I am honesty confused with the process. Some people pay standard for lost, but had paid more to get an appointment earlier or same day appointment(which is what I did) and they also got their replacement BRP within 7-10 working days after submitting the application. I’ve been reading from posts after posts and everyone have different timeline(for lost BRP) I don’t understand why should it take so long for a replacement. It isn’t like we’re changing anything. Baffled. idk 😐

Catchprashant007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Catchprashant007 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:54 pm

it is really frustrating I know.... lost and replace should be handled in rather simple manner...

Also, there is no super priority in delivery and it dissolves the entires purpose.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:45 am

Songupsorn wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:38 pm
if you went for super priority service and is approved, I believe u should get your card in 7-10 working days. So it’s been what 7 working Days already. As for myself, I’ve not receive anything yet. The only thing I was notified was tht my application has been sent off which is also the same day when I went for the appointment.
Super priority service is mostly used to get an immigration decision within 24 hours NOT the BRP. A BRP replacement application is NOT an immigration application. It is possible that your BRP may arrive sooner but most applicants have reported waiting times of up to 6 months in some cases

Songupsorn
Newly Registered

Lost BRP Denied boarding

Post by Songupsorn » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:36 pm

So I’ve actually made a post about my lost BRP and I’m about to make a new one. This time I want to say I really did risked flying to Dubai from London. Today(10th December) is my return flight back to London.
But you guessed it, I was denied boarding with Emirates. I had shown them my old ILR and a photocopy of my cancelled and lost BRP.

Now I was travelling with my sister btw. My sister took the flight back to London and here is what she’s told me. She went through the immigration officer, asked whether photocopy is ok or not. The IO said yes, a photocopy is fine. The IO also asked which airline were you with and she said Emirates. He said they should have let me on.

Ok I’m confused??? I’m pretty much stranded in Dubai for some times. I’m devastated for some answers because I don’t have the budget to be here another 20 days

zimba
Mood:

Re: Lost BRP Denied boarding

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:13 am

Songupsorn wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:36 pm
Ok I’m confused??? I’m pretty much stranded in Dubai for some times. I’m devastated for some answers because I don’t have the budget to be here another 20 days
What a surprise. Your source of confusion is is also bizarre. It is not about passing through the UK immigration, it is about proving to an airline that you have a valid visa to fly to the destination. If anyone can fly with a photocopy, any random person in the world will just book a flight to the UK and fly to the UK without any restrictions. Airline do not allow such thing and in fact they will be heavily punished for it if they let that happen. You chose to ignore the advice given here and now you have to bear the consequences.

Go apply for a 'BRP replacement visa' in Dubai which lets you return to the UK (It costs £154) : https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged

vinny

Re: Lost BRP Denied boarding

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:15 am

Due to the possible fines, the airlines probably require prior authorization from UK Immigration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.