ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tbnag
India

Visit visa for parents

Post by tbnag » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:21 am

Hi Experts,

I am going to apply for visit visa for my parents. They are retired and own a flat in india and reside in the same with my brother. They have no source of income, except my brother who support everything.
I am going to sponsor the whole trip, so all expenses are on me.
Since parents have no income, can i show brothers salary as source?

Thanks!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Visit visa for parents

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Hello

Do they have a retirement pension?

For the visa, you have to demonstrate their financial circumstances. If they are supported by your brother as sole/main source of income, you have then to add his own payslips to the application.

It's good that their own a flat. You need to show that. In fact, to maximise the chances of them getting a visa, they need to show strong attachments to their country. Visitor visas are routinely refused these days when they are no strong attachment to the home country.

tbnag
India

Post by tbnag » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Thanks for the information mate. What documents one can provide to show attachments. We have many relatives in India, so showing their ID cards helps?

Thanks!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:36 pm

There are no rules written in stone. You won't find something like "you need to demonstrate you have X number of relatives in your home country".

You just have to show enough elements to satisfy the caseworker that the visit is genuine and the applicant have many reasons to go back home.

IDs for relatives are not enough. You have to show they are your relatives indeed. When my brother applies for a visa, he shows our parents IDs but also birth certificate, certified family tree... etc showing who is who.

It's not an exact science really but the strongest ties (social + economic) you show, the better.

tbnag
India

Post by tbnag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:05 am

Thanks mate!!