ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years long-term standard visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sptula
Member of Standing
India

2 years long-term standard visitor visa

Post by sptula » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Dear experts,

My relative has got 2 years long-term standard visitor visa approved.

We know a visitor can stay upto 6 months in a stretch for a single visit.

Can you help to understand the minimum duration to be there for the second visit after staying 6 months on first visit.

On 2 years visa, what is the maximum duration visitor can stay in UK

if the visitor stayed from Feb 1st to July 20th, when can the visitor again enter UK ?

The guidelines are not very clear on this category.... any help is much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2 years long-term standard visitor visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:55 pm

A visitor should not be staying in the UK for longer periods than in their home country in any 12 month rolling period. That would be considered residing under the guise of a visitor visa. On arrival, they could be refused entry and their visa cancelled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.