ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa query - self employed invitee

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bookerw100
Member of Standing

visit visa query - self employed invitee

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:16 am

Hi

Am looking to invite parents to the UK. They are retired and have their own funds but they will be staying with me. I am a british citizen and self employed running my ltd company. Do I need to provide letter from accountant or my business or personal bank statement?

Also this is the invitation letter I have written - any comments appreciated.

Dear Sir/Mam,

My full name is xxxx and I am a British citizen. I am looking to invite my parents for a visit to the UK from India. I have been self-employed since July 2019 earning xxx per day through my Ltd company. I am related to the visa applicants as below:

Applicant Name Relationship with me
ABC Father
DEF Mother

This is to confirm that the above-mentioned applicants are planning to visit me in the UK from 09 April 2020 to 30 July 2020. During the course of their stay, we plan to visit various places around the UK such as Peak District, London, Edinburgh, amongst other tourist places.

I’d like to confirm that my parents will be staying with me and am willing to provide accommodation to both of them for the entire duration of their trip at the following address which is a 3 bed house where I rent with my wife:

xxx
Town
Postcode

Although my parents have sufficient funds of their own available to them for the entire trip, I am also willing to bear their living expenses as well as medical expenses, if required, for the entire duration of their visit.

I have attached the following documents for your reference:

1. Copy of my passport
2. Last 6 months bank statement - is this required - if so, personal or business
3. Copy of tenancy agreement (Proof of Address)

I look forward to meeting my family and request you to issue them with a suitable multiple entry visa. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: visit visa query - self employed invitee

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:29 am

Any experienced help please?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:16 am

Experienced here. And that letter will not help in almost anyway, unless your parents can prove they will return to their country and not stay here. So, it is very much up to them to provide sufficient and substantial reasons to return.

That is very hard to do, but not impossible if they have property and other responsibilities/ dependants.

You most likely fail if that is your only approach.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:36 am

This letter is important and, indeed, anything you mention, you need to document.

However, they will also look at your parent's condition and this is ultimately what would weight on the decision to grant a visa or not.
They are retired and have their own funds
They need to show that. Be cautious about accounts inflated with recent/large deposits. They will be considered as not reflecting the actual circumstances of the applicant and usually trigger refusals with the wording "I am not satisfied that this money is available to you...".

If they own a property, they need to demonstrate it.

I would remove the work "medical" from your invitation. Don't even hint to that. They can drop a good travel insurance on the application but don't talk about medical stuff.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:49 am

thanks for responses, so you are saying there is no need to show my business bank details?

They have been to the UK before, about 3 years ago but at the time I was in full time employment so got letters from my company etc. Obviously can't do that as I run a ltd company now.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:25 pm

If you didn't book document upload option while booking appointment, can you still pay and avail this service on the day of appointment. Asking for vfs Delhi if anyone has experience?