ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and coronavirus

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

ILR and coronavirus

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I need to travel to Rome to see a very important person of mine. I know, I know there is a chance to catch coronavirus but I don't really scare of it and that person is much more important.

I am holding an ILR.

Can Home Office refuse my entry back to the UK saying that I might be infected after Rome?

Likewise, can Italy / airline refuse me to fly back to the UK from Italy saying that I am not a UK citizens and can be infected?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR and coronavirus

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:05 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:55 pm
Hi Guys,

I need to travel to Rome to see a very important person of mine. I know, I know there is a chance to catch coronavirus but I don't really scare of it and that person is much more important.

I am holding an ILR.

Can Home Office refuse my entry back to the UK saying that I might be infected after Rome?

Likewise, can Italy / airline refuse me to fly back to the UK from Italy saying that I am not a UK citizens and can be infected?

Thanks.
There is no restriction on travel or entry to the UK at this moment. Travel to Britain will not be affected generally. Airlines will NOT refuse boarding you on a normal flight to the UK. However If you end up in a situation that needs emergency evacuation of British citizens from Italy, then you will not qualify as you are not British.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: ILR and coronavirus

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:43 pm

Thanks a lot, Zimba!

The least thing I want to have is having issues flying back to the UK :)