ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COVID19 Visitor Visa Expiry on 8th April 2020. Travel Restriction and now stuck??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mhkhan619519
Newly Registered

COVID19 Visitor Visa Expiry on 8th April 2020. Travel Restriction and now stuck??

Post by mhkhan619519 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:18 am

Hi All,

My mother (Pakistani National) is here in the UK since 25 January 2020 on a visitor visa which is expiring on 8th April 2020, her return flight was booked for 26th March 2020. Due to COVID19, all the flights all cancelled and now we are worried about her visa situation. can anyone help if they have any information regarding other nationalities apart from Chinese?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: COVID19 Visitor Visa Expiry on 8th April 2020. Travel Restriction and now stuck??

Post by THO » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:42 pm

I would not worry, given that her flight has been cancelled and she can't leave the UK HO are not going to say she overstayed. Just get the next flight available. The issue is getting in touch with anyone at the HO.

An idea, might be to call the local police and ask them what to do. You could do it anonymously. Or border control at the airport, and speak to them. Ask them how you can ensure she does not get into trouble.

But she will not be alone, so do not worry.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: COVID19 Visitor Visa Expiry on 8th April 2020. Travel Restriction and now stuck??

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:11 pm

The Home Office has a helpline put in place for this crisis:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... k#helpline

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:34 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CMOS
Newly Registered

Post by CMOS » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:38 am

I'm a bit confused. There is an announcement about this COVID-19 related visa extension, but only tier visas are mentioned. Is this simply because visitor visas are out of scope of this forum?

We have a visiting relative (on a standard visitor visa that expires on 19th April 2020) here in UK. We have emailed CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk on 28 March 2020 with all the details requested and have not received any reply yet (not even automated receipt confirmation). Has anyone got any response from CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk, and how long it took?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 am

CMOS wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:38 am
I'm a bit confused. There is an announcement about this COVID-19 related visa extension, but only tier visas are mentioned. Is this simply because visitor visas are out of scope of this forum?

We have a visiting relative (on a standard visitor visa that expires on 19th April 2020) here in UK. We have emailed CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk on 28 March 2020 with all the details requested and have not received any reply yet (not even automated receipt confirmation). Has anyone got any response from CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk, and how long it took?
The link above clearly states any visas before going into paragraph specifying tier visas. So seems like you did the right thing.

honeybadger168
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by honeybadger168 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:20 am

CMOS wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:38 am

I emailed them on the 27th of March as I am also here as a visitor visiting my husband and my leave has expired. I've not yet received an email back or even an automated receipt.

I'll keep you updated if I receive an email back. I'm hoping to receive one this week.

CMOS
Newly Registered

Post by CMOS » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 am

honeybadger168 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:20 am
I emailed them on the 27th of March as I am also here as a visitor visiting my husband and my leave has expired. I've not yet received an email back or even an automated receipt.

I'll keep you updated if I receive an email back. I'm hoping to receive one this week.
I've got a reply yesterday saying they need more information. There is a link to the web form in the email. Be prepared to fill it in with "as much information as you can provide" (within the limit of 500 characters). And CIT swear this time they can manage it in 5 days.

honeybadger168
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by honeybadger168 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:31 pm

CMOS wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 am
honeybadger168 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:20 am

I've got a reply yesterday saying they need more information. There is a link to the web form in the email. Be prepared to fill it in with "as much information as you can provide" (within the limit of 500 characters). And CIT swear this time they can manage it in 5 days.
I just received the same email today asking me to complete the online form which I did on 14/04. Hopefully hear back soon but since it took 16 working days I’m not holding my breath for a quick reply.

mhkhan619519
Newly Registered

Post by mhkhan619519 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:13 pm

we filled in the online form that is available now, moreover, we also sent an email with all the relevant information they asked but got no reply as yet. Not even the confirmation email.
Then I called 3 times to the number they have given in past 4weeks the reply I got was you will get a reply or submit the information again in the form and also keep the pic of the form that you submit.
but for now, I haven't received any reply regarding my mother's visa extension.
I will update if I got any reply thanks for the inputs of everyone.

CMOS
Newly Registered

Post by CMOS » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:57 pm

Apparently there was a glitch in their system. We have waited 4 or 5 weeks after filling in the form for the first time, and then received a notification that the data was lost with an invitation to fill in the form again.

We have received confirmarion of visa extension until 31 May three days after sending the form for the second time. And in the beginning of June they have sent us a notification about further extension until 31 July.