ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years ban

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gemini_09
Newly Registered
India

10 years ban

Post by gemini_09 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi there,

I was living in the UK from July 2009 but I have left the country for personal reason in May 2018.

Later, in Dec, 2018 I have applied for a general visit visa along with my family (who have travelled in the UK previously couple of times). But, I was alone refused and banned from the UK for 10yrs.

For some reason, I lost all the documents where the refusal reason of 10 yrs ban was mentioned.
Any idea how to retrieve the reason from UKBA?
Thank you in advance.

Casa

Re: 10 years ban

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:23 pm

gemini_09 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:16 pm
Hi there,

I was living in the UK from July 2009 but I have left the country for personal reason in May 2018.

Later, in Dec, 2018 I have applied for a general visit visa along with my family (who have travelled in the UK previously couple of times). But, I was alone refused and banned from the UK for 10yrs.

For some reason, I lost all the documents where the refusal reason of 10 yrs ban was mentioned.
Any idea how to retrieve the reason from UKBA?
Thank you in advance.
You can't remember the reason for the ban? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gemini_09
Newly Registered
India

Post by gemini_09 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:28 pm

I do know that I was banned due to previous travel history when I was with my ex partner.
But I do not remember exactly, therefore I want to know the exact reason, also I need to know if I have a re entry ban or not.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:43 pm

gemini_09 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:28 pm
I do know that I was banned due to previous travel history when I was with my ex partner.
But I do not remember exactly, therefore I want to know the exact reason, also I need to know if I have a re entry ban or not.
Request your immigration history record held in UKVI system via SAR:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

gemini_09
Newly Registered
India

Post by gemini_09 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 pm

I am currently residing in Europe and I have applied for residence permit here.
Does my UK 10years ban apply even if I have a EU residence permit ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm

gemini_09 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 pm
I am currently residing in Europe and I have applied for residence permit here.
Does my UK 10years ban apply even if I have a EU residence permit ?
Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.